• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What Muff or Muff-ish pedals have a knob or switch to add mids?

thrashmetl

I'm looking for more muff options, but I prefer flat mids to the scooped mids of the standard EHX Muffs and most muff clones.

Here are the pedals I know of that have mids options:
Skreddy Mayo - flat mids switch
Earthquaker Hoof V.2 - "shift" knob
Blackout Musket - mids knob
BYOC Beaver - 4 position knob
Ronsound Hairpie - switch

Do I have any other options?

thunderpuppy

The Earthquaker Devices Hoof fuzz-- this thing is a really awesome muff fuzz with much flatter mids than any off-the-rack muff will give you. The new version has a mid shift knob,as well... excellent sounding pedal...

except that I needed some scooped mids... *sniff* Killed me to send it back, but the improvement you're asking for is exactly the thing that made it not work for me. It's still a hell of a pedal. If we didn't already have songs written and recorded that needed that sound, I would have kept it.

geoff_bell

if you don't want boutique, try a boss metal zone. lots of knob-twiddling there. goes from overdrive to distortion to muff. four eq knobs (two of them for mids) as well as level and distorion knobs.

thrashmetl

if you don't want boutique, try a boss metal zone. lots of knob-twiddling there. goes from overdrive to distortion to muff. four eq knobs (two of them for mids) as well as level and distorion knobs.
?

No disrespect Nube but you've got lots to learn, metal zone is about as far from a Big Muff as a Tubescreamer is.

thrashmetl

The Earthquaker Devices Hoof fuzz-- this thing is a really awesome muff fuzz with much flatter mids than any off-the-rack muff will give you. The new version has a mid shift knob,as well... excellent sounding pedal...

except that I needed some scooped mids... *sniff* Killed me to send it back, but the improvement you're asking for is exactly the thing that made it not work for me. It's still a hell of a pedal. If we didn't already have songs written and recorded that needed that sound, I would have kept it.
I bought one too, got it Friday, it just made me realize that I like the texture and clarity of Traingle and Ram's Head Muffs better, it just doesn't work for me. I'm unloading mine locally.

Kev O)))

Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII
EarthQuaker Devices Hoof v.2
RonSound HairPie
Skreddy Mayo (very close to a Little Big Muff Pi but that doesn't have a switch)
Skreddy Pink Flesh

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
BYOC has muffs (triangle, rams head etc) that feature straight triangle (etc) or flat mids, boosted mids, or tone circuit removed entirely. I get them pre built from axe and you shall receive. God guys! I have about 10 fuzzes and it is my favorite because you can always get the right tone.

malabarmusic

+1 and I love mine. Still haven't played with the internal trimmer yet. Have you?
Nope. I've only had it a week, and there's so much variation with just the external knobs that I haven't made time to pop the hood. Every time I plug it in, it sounds so good that I end up losing track of time! Major home run pedal, IMO.

- DB

Kev O)))

Oh, and I should have added the OLC Chunky Cheese. I think one of the 4 positions is a Mid-Boost, or something close to that.

Trending Topics