• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What music stores in LA

jdandry

Going to LA for a couple of days, have time for a couple or 3 music stores. Where should I go, I'm looking for a big selection of cool pedals, Skreddy, Proanalog, Lovepedal, that kind of thing. any suggestions? Thanks- John

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
John, go to TruTone in Santa Monica. Tons of boutique pedals, amps, etc. It's on Santa Monica Blvd.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for 11 days and TruTone is at the top of my list.

Tone Merchants in Orange County is nice too.

FAC

For pedals, DBX and GAT are right, TrueTone in Santa Monica, Tone Merchants in Orange Co, and the Amp Shop in Sherman Oaks are probably the best. Mesa Boogie Hollywood, which is right in the middle of "guitar row" (GC, Sam Ash, and a few other vintage shops) carries a lot of boutique pedals. I am not aware that any of them carry Skreddy or Proanalog, however.

LA is big...the amp shop and tone merchants are ~50 miles apart...

GTRICH

TrueTone Music in Santa Monica
On Guitar Row -- The Mesa Boogie Store and the Vintage Gear store which across the intersection from Mesa Boogie store. The vintage place has a HUGE vintage pedal collection.

Last edited:
M

Member 995

True Tone has a huge selection of pedals. In my experience you'll want to be careful about when you go. When it gets busy, you won't really have a chance to try anything. The end of the day is rough, too. Try to catch them earlier on a week day if you can.

Bobby D

John, go to TruTone in Santa Monica. Tons of boutique pedals, amps, etc. It's on Santa Monica Blvd.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for 11 days and TruTone is at the top of my list.

Tone Merchants in Orange County is nice too.
Truetone Music in Santa Monica is awesome!

Also any trip requires you to go to McCabes Guitar shop on Pico Blvd in Santa Monica -- WORLD CLASS acoustic guitar shop. maybe the best i have ever seen, and very cool to hang out at. they even have live shows!

pen15

there is a great shop in redondo beach...forget the name though! they actually had a bjfe honeybee in stock(i bought it) when i stopped by...plus a lot of other great gear....custom shop fender..budda...boutique pedals...

Harbor Music...thats it!

veer chasm

Go to Analogue Haven in Santa Monica. Lots of cool pedals and great customer service. Specialize in synths, so if you're into those you will be in heaven.

M

Member 995

Go to Analogue Haven in Santa Monica. Lots of cool pedals and great customer service. Specialize in synths, so if you're into those you will be in heaven.
Where is this shop? I've never even heard of it!

dsl

Silver Supporting Member
Be sure to check out Westwood Music as well:

http://www.westwoodmusic.com/

[SIZE=-1]
Also, I think Analogue Heaven is called Future Music:

5112 York Blvd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles, CA 90042[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](323) 344-0029
[/SIZE]

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
Truetone - tons of cool pedals, great stocked repair shop.
Westwood Music - They have tons of great bootiquey stuff and Fred is a legend here in LA. Whenever I didn't take his advice, I regretted it.
Timewarp Music - Shane has gobs of very cool used gear.
Guitar Center Hollywood - Yeah, I know, but they've got the coolest vintage guitars, even if they are way overpriced.
McCabes - Overpriced, but cool acoustic guitars.

If you're in the valley, check out The Amp Shop for cool pedals and amps, and Norms Rare Guitars for, well, cool rare guitars. Also, California Vintage Guitars and Amps. Gobs more cool stuff.

W

WarToad

There's this place called Guitar Center. It's the tiny shop on Sunset. They have tons of old rare pedals plus everything Skreddy and BJFE makes and the salespeople are really helpful and honest and always give you good advice. I love shopping there even though the prices are outrageous-:cool:

Trending Topics