What NOS 12AT7s?

JDJ

What 12AT7 for the phase inverter and reverb in my blackface Pro Reverb? Mullard? RCA? Balanced or mismatched on the phase inverter? Thanks!

slider313

Silver Supporting Member
I like the GE 12at7wa or RCA 12at7 in the reverb send and a Mullard in the phase inverter. If the amp is too bright a GE 6201 in the phase inverter.

Timbre Wolf

GoldMember Supporter
Platinum Supporting Member
Look no further than a NOS Mullard CV4024.
The '80s Mullard CV4024 is an excellent choice to make for a darker and richer 12AT7. I recommend any American-made black-plate 12AT7 for a brighter, thinner, lively sonic character - perhaps chosing RCA for a common, available favorite.

- Thom

JimmyR

Mike at KCA has a good selection, and I found some great inexpensive NOS 12at7s at tubedepot.com. $12.95 each is pretty good if you ask me! I have some and they work really well.

jetlag

The mullard CV4024 is just a beautiful tube, outstanding quality. However, in BF fenders, I really like the tone NOS american stuff better - RCAs, GEs.

Blue Strat

Mike at KCA has a good selection, and I found some great inexpensive NOS 12at7s at tubedepot.com. $12.95 each is pretty good if you ask me! I have some and they work really well.

We've got JAN Philips and JAN GE 12AT7s for $12 (or maybe I should make it $11.95 :roll)

JimmyR

Hey Mike - I was going to buy a bunch of 12at7s off you but couldn't get your shopping cart to work for me. You have some cool stuff there.

Trending Topics