What order do I run my pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gbsmusic, Aug 5, 2008.

1. gbsmusic

gbsmusic Member

This might be a dumb questions but I just want to check on the order to run my pedals in. I have a Bogner Ecstacy I'm running an Eventide Timefactor in the loop an I have a G. Teese Wah, BBE Peamp, Peterson stobe tuner, Effectrode Vibe, Analogman Chorus and Compressor, I'm also thinking about getting an Ernie Ball volume pedal. Thanks for any help.

2. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i would put the chorus and the timefactor in the loop, and run your wah/comp/preamp/tuner before the amp. just mho, but yeah.

3. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

After years of trial, I actually prefer this chain, that is not what is usually mentionned:

guitar -> tuner -> wah -> Vibe -> Chorus -> (ODs) -> Compressor -> Volume pedal -> amp

4. gbsmusic

gbsmusic Member

Thank you! Thats what I was looking for, I know I could have tried every way for myself but this is soooooo much easier!! Thanks.

5. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I'll differ a little, I'd prefer it this way:

Guitar -> Wah -> Compressor -> Vibe -> ODs -> Chorus -> Volume Pedal -> Tuner -> Amp

6. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

I actually run my volume pedal before my delay - that way I can repeat or modulate my volume swells. Also, my ernie ball is a pan/vol so you can bypass the delay for a drier signal, or even mix it in a bit - and the cool thing with the Deluxe Memory Man is that it has trails, so the repeats fade out even if you pan away and start playing in your dry channel.

7. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Alphabetical.

8. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

I always put the compressor first as it needs to see the direct guitar signal so the envelope detector can derive the proper control signal.

regards, Jack