• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What other Fender Tweed amp do I need? And why?

Soul Man

Local 83
Gold Supporting Member
I need some Fender Tweed advice.

I have a:

'57/'62 Champ (chassis/cab)
'58 Harvard

If I were to add one more Tweed era Fender amp, what should I buy?

I'm not looking to own a closet queen, I would want one to play and to enjoy, even if the condition was questionable.

(This will be a "someday" purchase since I had to stow my rainy day pennies for a long time to buy these two.)

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
how about a tremolux? getting tweed with a bias driven trem going on is a nice combo.

Kelsey

If you want to stick with 6V6's, then a Deluxe would add a bit of power, and a Vibrolux or Tremolux would add a bit of power and tremolo. If you want something different, then a 6L6 model would be cool. What do you intend to do with it?

LPVM

I would look for a Deluxe. They are getting a little pricey though. For short money you can pick up Danelectro's version of a Tweed Deluxe. They are in the $350 range which is damn cheap for a vintage PTP wired amp that frequently come loaded with it's original RCAs. They have mojo, that's for sure.

Trending Topics