1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What other options besides Mackie 400F?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by cocheese, Dec 1, 2005.

1. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

It looks like no one really knows when they are going to have the 400f in stock, so I'm thinking of jumping ship and finding another unit. I don't need a lot of channels; even 2 would be enough for me. I'd like good quality converters. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

2. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

I recommend the Presonus Inspire or Firebox

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

Tyler,

Check your local Guitar Center. I walked in off the street, and they had two in stock. I walked out with one for $650! It's awesome! I plugged it into my Mac, loaded the Tracktion 2 software, and the control console, and was recording tests through my mics in 10 minutes!

I haven't had much of a chance to play with it since. I have a newborn (two weeks old), and he has kept us very busy, along with our three year old.

More to follow.

B

4. cocheese

I'm gonna try that. We're headed by a GC this next weekend. I'll just grab one there. Thanks for the tip Blueser because that's really the one that I want.

5. cocheese

I got a 400F that should be in tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I'll make some clips of some stuff I've been promising to make clips of first! Fun, fun, fun!!!!! :D

6. Blueser

Blueser Member

Hey Tyler,

Did you get it yet. I really like mine alot so far. It is so much better than my M-Audio Omni Studio! I also really like the Tracktion 2 software, but I wish it came with all the plugs that are included if you bought the retail version of T2. That is a bit of a bummer!

B