What Other Overdrives Do You Mix With The Klon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ken, May 7, 2008.

1. Ken

Ken Member

I have been experimenting since I got my Klon well over a year ago. I have been through quite a few OD's and so far to date, I'm the happiest with the Box Of Rock feeding the Klon feeding my Heritage Colonial w/el34's.

I'm using the BOR as a solo boost into the Klon, and the Klon as my low gain crunch and fattening tool.

Settings that seem to work the best right now (things always change) has the BOR gain at about 10-12 o'clock and the tone at 1-2 o'clock.

Klon's gain is anywhere from noon to 3 o'clock and tone is at noon to 2 o'clock...once again depending on the venue and my ears etc.

Others that quite did not make it as well with the Klon were some great pedals, but so far for my playing and the tone I'm looking for, nothing has beat this combo yet...Key word Yet :p...gotta love G.A.S.

2. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I just got my Klon a few weeks ago and I am really digging this pedal!
    My pedalboard is way too crowded and I am in the process of deciding which pedals to keep on the board and which pedals to have on a backup board. Actually, pretty much every pedal seems to stack real well with the Klon so it's making the decision process rather difficult. Here's what I have to choose from to stack with the Klon. I would like to only have two or three dirt pedals plus the Klon, comp, delay, and vibe. My pedals are
    Zendrive
    MP LGW
    Fulltone 69 (fuzz)
    OCD v.3
    Menatone Dirty Blonde (sounds so damn good!)
    Menatone VOS
    Menatone WMB
    Fulldrive2Mosfet
    Timmy

At least I know there are no bad choices but it is hard trying to decide which two or three to keep......:crazy

3. Ken

Ken Member

Wow quite a collection there...What amp(s) are you using? You will have to let me know which pedals you finally prefer with the Klon.

4. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I should be getting my Klon today, and I have a bunch of OD's I want to test it with. Can't wait to get home from work.....

5. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

I use a Mojo Drive and a SexDrive with my Klon. There are alot of great variations with the these three pedals.