What other speakers will a Red Fang play nicely with?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Shemp, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Shemp

Shemp Member

V30? H30? Wizard?

2. michael.e

michael.e Silver Supporting Member

I am using it with a Gov. in my Recto 2-12 with an open back. I have a T-Verb head set pretty clean and loud on both channels. Nice and chimey with plenty of balls. M.E.

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

It works well with a G12H30 or a Scumback SA12-75. The Wizard is a bit louder than other speakers, so it doesn't balance well level-wise with the Red Fang, even though their tones compliment one another.

4. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I am amazed at how good the Fang in my 1X12 ext. cab sounds together with the Reverend Alltone in my Hellhound combo.

5. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

I am interested in the answer to this also......I have a Somatone coming that sounds incredible with the red fang in it....and I plugged me /13 ftr 37 into that speaker and was amazed......so I want to match the red fang to either the wizard-governor- or g12h.....

6. mykljpao

mykljpao Member

I matched a Red Fang (semi open top 1/2 of cab) with Avatar's Hellatone 30, g12h, burned in, (closed ported bottom 1/2 of cab) and it sounds amazing! Infinitely better than the RF / Tonker combination I tried prior. Running a Constellation through this Bob Burt cab and it gets great chime with a strong, pushy bottom.

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Reprise: 1 Red Fang good, 2 Red Fang gooder.

Best, Pete.

8. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

RF's sound great with G12H3O's. I use this bcombo in an open backed 2x12 Top HAT (SCRIPT).

9. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    I've mixed them with H30s, Governors and and a Private Jack, and there hasn't been a bad combo. I'm hesitant to do the 2-in-a-cab because I want thump as well as chime. Anyone doing any heavy stuff with dos Red Fangs?

Slick51

10. Jack Walker

Jack Walker Supporting Member

I have a RF and a tonker together in a Zbest. I'm very happy with the sound.

11. Greggy

Greggy Member

Ditto here. In a 2x12 Avatar cab in my case. Outstanding, the RF seems to tame the sometimes spikey high end of the G12h30 in hi gain, fills in the mid range that is kinda missing with the g12, and just flat out sounds nice period.

12. 69strat

69strat Member

Red fang and greenback in a 212 cab with a three inch slit across the bottom. FWIW I tried every combo of speakers I could get my hands on and this combo won hands down. By the way I sometimes run it with my 100 watt yea thats right my 100 watt blackmore head. I cant understand how some of you could not like this speaker. I have turned on at least 10 people to these. Anyone from long island wanna try?

13. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

Damn,

You guys were dead on.......didnt like the governor with the Red Fang....

The Wizard was a nice complement and probably great for cutting through a mix for leads

But the Red Fang - G12h 30 combo is the s#it!!!