• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What overdrive/distortion pedal for mounted pickup archtop?

starjag

Here's the setup...
mounted pickup (P90 neck) archtop -> overdrive/distortion pedal -> clean amp
I am looking for recommendations in terms of a pedal that will add some rocking dirt (not mud) to this setup. Thanks!

TikiJoe

I use a Klon, Box of Rock, and Zendrive. All sound excellent with a P-90 Guild X-550 through a Tweed amp.

grungebob

Don't be put off by the name as its not a one trick pony but just demo a electro harmonix metal muff, honestly with the gain set at its lowest its a supsisingly sweet natural sounding pedal plus the added bonus of the top boost lets you either increase the volume slightly or depending how you set it add some extra treble. I know its not a cool boutique (sp?) pedal like all the other guys here have mentioned but it is a great pedal. Just ignore all the reviews from metal guys claim its a piece of sh*t as they probalby just turned everything up to max anyway.