What pedal am I after?

EbMM

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me find a pedal that does this (if it exists). It will be for use with bass guitar which might need a specific bass pedal due to the freq that would be used.

I want something to completely eliminate the bass from my signal using an expression pedal, please point me in the right direction. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

EbMM

Thanks for the reply, ramonovrki. This pedal looks good, though as far as a I can tell, the MIDI port allows you to access presets but doesn't seem to support an expression pedal

Jet Age Eric

Source Audio Manta Filter (definitely takes their proprietary expression pedal)? It has high pass filters. I have one, but have never used it for this purpose. -E

pedalgenie

So you want to use the expression to take out the bass frequencies in your signal. Essentially ride it like a high pass filter...

I don't know of any EQ's with an expression pedal input. But maybe a filter pedal of some sort might get us there.

pedalgenie

How about the Fender Volume-Tone pedal?

It's a volume pedal, but also has a side-to-side axis that controls tone.

Seems to be out-of-print though.

EbMM

This is an easy decision - if you play guitar go with the Stingray Multi-Filter, if you play bass go with the Manta Bass Filter.
Well the thing about that is I play both professionally. It would be nice to find out which of the two would best accommodate both bass and guitar best.

Well the thing about that is I play both professionally. It would be nice to find out which of the two would best accommodate both bass and guitar best.
Just so you know, I work at Source Audio. I guess you are faced with a tough choice after all. Both of those pedals will sound good with guitar or bass, so a lot of it comes down to the features. The filters in each box were definitely tweaked to accommodate the frequency range of their respective instrument but it's pretty easy to compensate and adjust for the that with the Frequency control. The biggest differences between these two pedals is in the distortion circuit - the Manta offers more distortion options, and while they all sound cool with bass, some of the sounds may be a bit intense for guitar. The Stingray has a simplified distortion circuit that really works well with the frequency spectrum of the guitar.

EbMM

Cheers luckyjackson, as I said in PM I'll be going with the Manta for a bass only board.

I use a lot of different effects for guitar such as auto swell, wah, phaser, and soon to be low and hi pass filters. I just found out the Mobius can do all of these. Does anyone know if it can do any extreme sounds in the filter section? Close to dubstep type filter sounds? The demos never cover the sounds I am after

Trending Topics