What pedal do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Matt P, May 13, 2019.

1. Janus Alfador

Janus Alfador Member

An MXR Distortion II that doesn't have the nasty double-note / ping artifact, and in which the resonance knob affects a much more flattering frequency range. I think that would be one of my all-time favourite distortion pedals.

2. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

A pedal that can turn normal drive pedals into preamps that go directly to power section of amp at line level. Would definitely need an additional EQ control and presence control.

moore_for_less likes this.
  3. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

How about...a true dynamic pedal!?!?!?!?!?!

Sure it has knobs...but within there lies an AI equipped system that can self-adjust itself depending on the rig being used!

It finds exact unity. It knows where harsh peaks are. It knows if you're settings aren't maximized and suggests settings...

Honch likes this.
  4. motokev

motokev Member

I always wanted the BOOMERANG LOOPER to have loop storage.

5. zul

zul Supporting Member

Wish my Slow Engine had a slight boost above unity,
    since swell effects almost always need a slight db bump.

6. guitarmek

guitarmek Member

A better OC-3. Or even a pedal with a really good crossover to split the top and bottom strings.

Polyphonic pitch to midi.

drifterphase likes this.
  7. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Member

More than likely its an optically bypassed wah. No mechanical switch, it turns on once the press is slightly started and is off when the heel goes all the way back. I think Morley used to make one. My MS-3 can do this, I believe.

Honch likes this.
  8. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Member

This is easily done with IR measurement and real time deconvolution, but it only works with the cab and listener at a single point. To do so globally requires immensely complex processing that cannot be done realtime right now and that academics are still debating just how realistically it can be done in more than two dimensions.

ThinPaperWings and Honch like this.
  9. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Member

If one were to use a no-load pot for the wah, it could probably be designed to do what you want, no switch required. Alternatively, you could do something like a theremin-controlled wah like what ZVex makes.

Honch likes this.
  10. Silent Sound

Silent Sound Member

You mean like a Morley Bad Horsie II? It's switchless. Or, at least the switch is activated when you put pressure anywhere on the pedal, so you can activate it in the middle if you like.

Honch likes this.
  11. Gurn

Gurn Member

A pedal that gave me:

1. Cliche classic rock lead guitar riffs I wouldn’t have to learn. (Triggered via MIDI)
    2. Classic Rockabilly rhythms I can’t possibly play (tempo controlled via MIDI)
    3. A setting for composing Bossa Nova chord changes - randomly generated like KORG Karma.
    4. A cliche lyric generator guaranteed to satisfy. Randomly generated.
    5. For lagniappe, optional banjo & accordion accompaniment for busking on the beach or in malls.

moore_for_less likes this.
  12. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

Nano POG with a low pass filter.

van_delay and guitarmek like this.
  13. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

A ProCo Rat Trap -- rotary switch for five clipping options (clean, dirty, turbo, standard, and mosfet), fat switch, Ruetz knob, and a switch to make the clipping asymmetrical with mosfet. Also has a second circuit before the Rat, which gives something similar to a Super Tube Screamer with mid boost knob.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat, and probably sell off 4/5ths of my pedal collection as a result.

14. megatrav

megatrav Supporting Member

I just want to say that this is the best thread that has been on this web site probably ever. Just fun and no bashing!

Mine would be a pedal that plays the guitar for me with telepathy so I can just do other activities like drink beer and play chess while ripping a sweet solo.

15. Gl4th

Gl4th Member

Exist already
    https://www.sim-one.it/

16. U65_RN

U65_RN Member

Digitech Freqout

Tom Von Kramm likes this.
  17. megatrav

megatrav Supporting Member

Even just the same head with an effects loop! C'mon Vox!

18. amstrtatnut

amstrtatnut Member

Something that does swells like a volume knob or pedal.

My Line 6 Echo Park did swells but if the notes were too close together it didnt track them very well.

19. jvin248

jvin248 Member

specific pedals for player-in-a-box. Get that merle haggard, hendrix, kiss destroyer, tom petty, pink floyd, money for nothing, etc tones in one pedal. the player may have used a dozen pedals but the tone is in this one box. different player in a different box. There are an evh and a hendrix boxes already, but other artists. like brad paisley chicken picking.

20. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member