What pedal do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Matt P, May 13, 2019.

1. moore_for_less

moore_for_less Supporting Member

Home, home again… I like to be here when I can…
    So, Catalinbread Belle Epoch Pre + Strymon Volante?

Or, here’s a little more of a DIY version: Two BED pedals, each in a loop of the new Electro-Harmonix Switchblade Pro. This can run the BED’s in series or parallel then combine them back together. Yeah, it takes up more space for sure. But at least it’s possible.

JumpinBradFlash likes this.
  2. JumpinBradFlash

JumpinBradFlash Member

I wasn’t thinking of running them into each other rather than just having the option for switching between 2 different settings on the fly. Cause who wants to bend down and change settings?

moore_for_less likes this.
  3. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

Agreed. I also have a Boss RC-300 and a Pigtronix Infinity both of which can store loops so I can do instant live albums from solo guitar shows.
    But the Boomerang is something a lot of people love and that's one feature missing from it.

4. FokenBusker

FokenBusker Member

A wah pedal with a built-in slapback effect after the wah effect. It'd sound so wah-bbly (wobbly)

5. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

The source c4 seems to be exactly what I need. My band has a lot of 80’s synth vibes, so being able to get some synth sounds stacked on the guitar, rather than just the mel9, would be rad. I’m hoping it’s as amazing as it seems it will be.

6. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

What I'd like to be real: that Strymon Parallax that a talented 3d renderer came up with. That would be a cool pedal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Named and drifterphase like this.
  7. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

Some digital pedals like the Mobius do this. The EHX attack/decay does, though not sure how long the swell time is. Same for Boss Slow Gear and TC Crescendo.

amstrtatnut likes this.
  8. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Yeah, I was thinking that the reflections would be different at each point in space, and so it would require a different solution for each point in space. Not the most practical thing, but an interesting thought experiment.

9. alex mansman

alex mansman Member

I've gone digital, but still like to my headrush with guitar cabs so a pedal-sized power amp more robust than the ehx magnum, quilter 45, and the Seymour duncan one would be sweet. Can they make at least 500 watts that small?

10. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Ok, here’s one,...

As many clones as there are I wish the was a line of the Yamaha Magicstomp. At the very least the 8 modulating delays series/parallel algorithms. I don’t understand why something done so long ago can’t be done today.

Now to be truthful Zoom came pretty close to doing it with the MS 100BT, 50G, and 70CDR. But no bank of 8 mod delays. I’ll take a clone from China to get this.

11. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Good points. I especially like the idea of an effects loop. At the same time, I would like to see some of the things I mentioned built into the pedal itself (particularly the EQ; modulation might be a bit gratuitous).

As for the size issue, I think something along the lines of Anasound's new spring pedal would fit the bill (pedalboard friendly preamp/driver pedal that hooks up to a tank that can be placed under or away from the board).

I'd still like to see somebody make something like what I've described.

chlorinemist likes this.
  12. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Yeah, I was looking at a bunch of stuff like this early this year. I ended up getting something called the Benidub Spring Amp. It's very cool (no presets though). Here's my thread about it:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ng-reverb-preamplifier.2005412/#post-27782707

The units you've pictured above look great too. Have you tried them, by the way?

13. Jamie_Mitchell

Jamie_Mitchell Member

that's been my dream for a long time

chlorinemist likes this.
  14. chlorinemist

chlorinemist Member

I haven't. What I've heard online though is that, while the Vermona seems more feature-packed, the Moisturizer is the clear favorite. From what I gathered, the exposed springs allow for all kinds of prepared piano-esque experimentation, and apparently people find that to be an extremely advantageous feature. The other big factor was that the Moisturizer has far more extensive CV connectivity. It has enough CV ins that if you used a MIDI-to-CV converter (e.g. Expert Sleepers FH-2) you actually could automate the whole device and make presets. Add some eurorack modules and a Source Reflex (I have one too :)) to the mix, and the potential for modulating the parameters becomes virtually limitless, far more expansive than the Retroverb Lancet.

I haven't seen that Benidub Spring Amp before. That looks like it's probably the closest thing we'll find to a pedal sized version of those bad boys.

Another spring that's caught my eye recently is the Anasounds Elements. It isn't as tweaky as the others mentioned, but it sure is an elegant and nice sounding solution. Well priced too. Not to mention it has an actual mix knob, eq, and a saturation mode. But alas no control inputs

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Hofnarr likes this.
  15. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

EQ makes sense. Most reverb units have a tone control, but a 3 band EQ would be even better.

16. chlorinemist

chlorinemist Member

Speaking of CV... This thread reminds me of a pedal I learned about recently that most people don't know exists, and fulfills some wishes I didn't even know I had. Possibly the most sophisticated CV step sequencer ever put in a guitar pedal. 256 steps, manually set depth and waveshaping per step, in a slick simple interface. Plus a true stereo optical tremolo

Matt P, rumbletone, chankgeez and 3 others like this.
  17. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Are there really that many 8 track tapes laying around? Seems like a better bet to do it with cassettes, which is something I've wanted to try.

18. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Aren’t there still Magicstomps available used?

19. Glitch Magnet

Glitch Magnet Supporting Member

Because 8-track uses a continuous loop of 1/4" tape. Cassettes are only 1/8" with a finite time length.

twoheadedboy likes this.
  20. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

Yeah, there are still tons of 8-tracks still around, check out eBay. Usually a dollar in thrift stores too.
    Cassettes aren't a good solution because....
    You have to flip them (not a loop like 8 tracks)
    The tape width is half size (less fidelity)
    Tape speed is half (1 7/8 ips vs 3 3/4 ips - again less fidelity)

Glitch Magnet likes this.