What pedal do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Matt P, May 13, 2019.

1. vlammie

vlammie Member

The upcoming chase bliss blooper might just be that.

hippieboy likes this.
  2. django49

django49 Member

The updated Ethos OD Deluxe that has been rumored for 2-3 years!

3. vlammie

vlammie Member

A pedal version of the mutronics mutator would be great. (Paranoid android solo etc)

JPH118, stanshall and Chandyland like this.
  4. Pazz

Pazz Member

They may already make this: is there something that mimics the “sweet spot” on the stage where you get great sustain that morphs into musical feedback? Guys like Santana do it. I’ve seen Ted Nugent do it. Is there a pedal that does that? You know, so I can do it as a bedroom guy? (LOL)

5. philh27

philh27 Member

Agreed. Especially with pedals that encourage 'live' knob twiddling. It's all very well getting down and dirty on the floor, but far more sophistcated ( and easier to play at the same time) if your pedal is at a decent height. Many years ago I added a remote footswirch to my MXR flanger and mounted it on a mic stand as there were several different sounds I wanted to adjust from song to song.

Surely a multifunction jack ( expression/ tap/ external on off) wouldn't be too difficult?

I'd like a pitch shifter/ harmoniser in pedal form that actually sounded like your instrument shifted in pitch and not organ/ synth- like or 'artificial'. Like actually playing a part an octave higher or whatever whilst multitracking.

6. Class5

Class5 Member

I would love a drive that could emulate my old Musicman RD210 Sixty-five's master volume channel.

7. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

Closest I can think of is the DigiTech Freqout. I've never used one (yet), but they're designed to do "musical feedback," like you say.

8. 73171

73171 Member

An octave up pedal that lets me set the time in milliseconds between the note that I play and the note generated by the pedal. And that’s all it has to do. It can be small, and it only needs one knob.(time)
    Instant octave soloing!!

MoarGear likes this.
  9. baseggio

baseggio Member

I've been watching that. I didn't see where it had onboard storage though. But it looks really cool otherwise.

10. huutevar

huutevar Member

I would like to see a multi-effect pedal that has:
    • four on/off switches to control individual effects (stomp mode)
    • two switches to navigate up and down patches
    • a built in expression / wah pedal
    • ability to have any effect at any location in the chain (line6 style)
    • excellent sound quality
    • a size small enough to transport easily, like a Boss ME-80
    It seems like most multi-effects have some combination of these features but never all of them.

Also, something that TC Electronic has that hasn't caught on for some reason is a multi-effect with an analog drive circuit that is digitally controlled, so you can save the settings of the analog drive along with the digital modulation, delay, etc. in the patch. I would like to see that on more multi-effects.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Matt P and Balok like this.
  11. BedroomRockStar01

BedroomRockStar01 Supporting Member

An EHX Freeze sound retainer, but better. Along those same lines, a pedal version of an E-Bow.

e??? likes this.
  12. XISTH

XISTH Member

The Roland VG-99 did all those things and more very well - but it was big/ not a floor pedal/ required a hex pickup etc. Absolutely amazing sounds, fx and tuning possibilities though.

aliensporebomb likes this.
  13. kramm47

kramm47 Member

I want a multi-algo delay like the EHX Grand Canyon that lets me change beat subdivisions and algos with my feet with switches. I understand presets can do this, but I always end up wanting to change things live or try different stuff.

My Canyon is part of my acoustic rig and it sits in one setting week after week. That's a bummer, but I'd use a lot more if I could adjust on the fly without leaning down.

monty likes this.
  14. Auditory Driving

Auditory Driving Member

Anything that Rick (from Rick n Morty) would build.

krazybaka, megatrav, MrMoose and 2 others like this.
  15. Ceragan42

Ceragan42 Member

I have an Xtomp, there's an Xtomp original effect called "Satisfaction", a tape saturation simulator. I would snag this as a stand-alone pedal, RIGHT NOW, if it existed. I love the way it sounds with my drum machine.

Currently the Xtomp is the heart of my Bass signal path (for the Darkglass B7K model). I may watch for another used Xtomp.

16. SmartAlex

SmartAlex Supporting Member

You would need a buffer for that.

17. AbePhroman

AbePhroman Member

I got a Digitech FreqOut during a sale last week and it is awesome. It would be nice if there were a few more features like adjustable rise and fall times to go with the onset.

18. anchor

anchor Member

A pedal that does everything EXCEPT gain, delay/reverb, compression and volume/expression.

Matt P likes this.
  19. MrSoftV

MrSoftV Member

I had a thread going about this a few years ago...

EHX Sax Machine

Like all the synth/organ pedals they put out, except this one is a frickin saxaphone!

I'd probably have zero use for it but I want to see it none the less.

Edit. I also want to see a Chase Bliss Tubescreamer/klone or Bluesbreaker combo pedal in the vein of Brothers. Wut?

20. monty

monty Member

Along those lines, a P9 (piano).
    I wouldnt leave my house for a month!

drifterphase and MrSoftV like this.