What pedal do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Matt P, May 13, 2019.

1. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

One that can make a Strat sound like Clapton live at the Fillmore with Derek and the Dominos.

An auto wah that sounds like you are playing a regular wah.

An overdrive that I can adjust the amount of gain telepathically as needed.

moore_for_less likes this.
  2. GearHub

GearHub Member

Ehx makes one think it’s called the ravish sitar

3. gmann

gmann Member

I'm aware of that one. Don't think they make it anymore and as I remember it didn't work very well. Kinda 'spensive too.

GearHub likes this.
  4. Strat-cat

Strat-cat Member

5. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

Seems like it'd be simple enough with some NPN germanium transistors and the right box. The 2B is kind of a weird custom box, but something that should be pretty simple. Good luck getting Fuller to make one though! Lol

GearHub likes this.
  6. ragingplatypi

ragingplatypi Member

The whole Vox MV50 line in pedal format with an effects loop.

7. RBH

RBH Member

Wish I had my Lexicon MPX-1 and PCM41 on the floor.

8. G34RSLU7

G34RSLU7 Member

the digitech polara has the lexicon algorythms IIRC

9. _sjm_

_sjm_ Supporting Member

I have two that I would pay silly money for:

1) HOG freeze/gliss in a wah shell. I don't need all the pitch shifting, or the filter, or the envelope... Just let me freeze what I'm playing and then control the speed of the gliss with the angle of the wah pedal.

2) Some kind of multi-looper like a Rang III or 2880 with per-loop FX loops. Rather than having the looper at the end of the chain and recording loop 1 with flange and reverb, and then switching those off and recording loop 2 with delay and trem, I could basically record each loop dry and then run them each through their own FX chain. That way rather than having a static loop you could subtly shift them with whatever pedals are in each chain. I could oscillate a delay in one chain without affecting the other loops, for example.

10. moore_for_less

moore_for_less Supporting Member

Home, home again… I like to be here when I can…
    I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.

My concept is essentially a Strymon DIG… but analog. Yeah, it’ll be larger. Yeah, the controls will take up more space. But base it off of an already popular analog delay. Like the MXR Carbon Copy (take the Deluxe and double it basically) or the EHX Memory Man. Although, I would prefer it be done on the Way Huge Supa-Puss foundation (my favorite analog delay).

I think this would be HUGE. But it’s also a risky undertaking. If the core delay tone isn’t favorable to the masses, it will be a big expense that no one will want to pay since analog circuitry are inherently going to raise the cost of a stereo delay.

Hofnarr likes this.
  11. RBH

RBH Member

Very cool concept - but usually the one size fits all approach might not fit the needs of a circuit board for a mini pedal and one that requires a 3" x 5" board. and you would need to figure out how to incorporate a million plus retro designs. I have a seriously decent design for pedal interconnects and other user features that I hope to prototype in the near future. I hope it helps with all these retro designs and layouts.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Member

PLL w a drone box and a little speaker...you are welcome! Careful though...my daughter is already asking about adding a little delay to hers...maybe a nice verb...

moore_for_less likes this.
  13. moore_for_less

moore_for_less Supporting Member

Home, home again… I like to be here when I can…
    That’s a daughter to be proud of!

cosmicevan likes this.
  14. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

Ever since Steve Hillage was knee-high to a Salmon'sSong, Brits have been shelling out big bucks for Cornish to build vast acres of aluminum sheet studded with bumpy, nubbly, stompy things which spoke through bundles of coax the size of a fire brigade's hose which in turn controlled folding table upon folding table of Binsons and WEMs and Mutrons and Echoplexes and they did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and, well, you get the idea.

Give Pete a buzz and tell him it's high time for a charity case.
    ;)

aliensporebomb, dialectic and Hofnarr like this.
  15. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

The sounds 'in my head' are only tones that have already existed. That i've heard before and liked. So, there isn't a 'new' thing i can think of. I do, though, wish there were some existing pedals that were some combination of 1) cheaper; 2) better-looking; 3) made by non-controversial companies.

I want a reasonably-priced Vemuram Ibanez Tube Screamer; a delay that does the Space Echo thing, but also a bunch of other more typical things; and whatever the Vertex Dynamic Distortion does. I know it's supposed to be an SD9 or a FuzzFace into a Tube Screamer, but i don't really hear them as being the same.

JJexp likes this.
  16. LPSupreme11

LPSupreme11 Member

Analog pedals with preset options that aren't +$350

Hofnarr likes this.
  17. Piston

Piston Silver Supporting Member

Clavinet tone !

BuckshotJenkins and thomas4th like this.
  18. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Word up. Generally speaking, I'd love to see a greater variety of MIDI-capable analog drive pedals. The few that exist aren't necessarily to my taste.

GtrGeorge! likes this.
  19. GtrGeorge!

GtrGeorge! Member

Yes. It did. And it sounded peculiar, no matter what, to me ears.

20. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

One ring mod to rule them all.

eyobeez and Balok like this.