• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What pedal for a 69 Super bass 100w?

wesv

So I just scored a 100 watt Super Bass from 69 which I'm totally rapt about.

What pedals for this baby? Currently running tube screamers thorugh my SRRI...

Will the TS pedals hold up through this beast!?

Fireball XL5

Silver Supporting Member
So I just scored a 100 watt Super Bass from 69 which I'm totally rapt about.

What pedals for this baby? Currently running tube screamers thorugh my SRRI...

Will the TS pedals hold up through this beast!?
I own a '67 plexi Super Bass and have a couple different Analogman modded Tubescreamers that I occasionally use with it (Silver Mod & Brown Mod) and they sound great IMO.

A lot of guys knock Tubescreamers because they shave off too much bass, but a healthy Marshall Super Bass has such a big sonic footprint, that I find the bass loss not to be an issue. And when you get the amps volume up and bumping a bit, the bit of bass loss from a TS actually helps tighten up the sound.

In addition to the Tubescreamers I also own a Timmy and a Klon (which also sound great), but my favorite overdrive to use with my Super Bass is a Fulldrive 2.

Paulo Grua

I play in one regularly - and nothing beats a Klon or a Timmy, both by themselves and stacked.

abnerfm

A Zendrive used to scream through my 1970 Super Bass better than through my 1966 Band-Master

wesv

anymore takers?

have the amp now but havnt tested it at loud volumes.

my 2 tube screamers seem ok, but I may look at alternatives...

abnerfm

I sold my Zendrive to buy a KoT. I haven't tried it with the Marshall yet (only with the Band-Master), but considering the KoT sucks a little of the lower frequencies, I'm guessing it will sound great with the Super Bass at loud volumes.

Trending Topics