What pedal for simultaneous HPF and LPF filtering? (no BPF)

USMarine75

The best out there is VFE.

VFE Standout for EQ purposes (like tightening up a high gain amp):

standout520.png

Or the VFE Klein Bottle if you want to be able to run parallel FX through the different bands (e.g. distortion only on lows to keep it tight and then fuzz on the highs.):

kbnavy400.png

Ultra low noise and high end components. Only issue is he stopped production until next year, so you have to find used or when he has limited runs of stock from his attic.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Would a Baxandall tonestack work for you? Or the Big Muff style tilt?
Fuzzrocious builds one of each (Baxstabber and Feed Me) that allow you to set the corner frequencies of the two bands, resulting in being able to get basically any shape of EQ you'd like. Although it is a bit hard to get your head around and you need the Seymour Duncan Tonestack Calculator to get the full advantage (runs on PC only).

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
EQ is one thing, but tone shapers are a somewhat different matter. There's EHX Knockout Attack Equalizer, and there's Guyatone Sonic Shifter, and there's others the names of which are not springing to mind right now...

But if you want tone shaping as opposed to eq, there's worse things to do with your time than to look into this.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
:huh
Isn't a high pass combined with a low pass by definition a band pass? It may be a broad band but you will only pass the frequencies above the high pass and below the low pass - the band in between.

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
:huh
Isn't a high pass combined with a low pass by definition a band pass? It may be a broad band but you will only pass the frequencies above the high pass and below the low pass - the band in between.

Personally, if I see "bandpass" then I don't expect to have tunable corner frequencies available. (Though Q might be adjustable.) But if I see "HPF" or "LPF" then I have to look to see if the corner frequencies are adjustable or not, because on some devices they are but on some devices they ain't.

wrathfuldeity

Get a VFE KleinBottle and put a VFE Rocket, Standout, Dragon, Triumvirate or something in the loops. The KB is a killer utility pedal.

krik

In addition to all the great suggestions already, I would add the Carl Martin Contour & Boost. Just be aware the the older Carl Martin pedals will have a built-in AC power cord.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
FrostwaveResonator.jpg

I’ve got this one at home. Out of production and annoying power requirements, but it has a few CV inputs for some real-time sweeping.

That is VERY cool. OTOH, you can buy the whole Korg MS20 mini for about the same price now! And get the filters and a keyboard and lots of other cool toys in the box.

Easy to do with Digit. Either use the parametric EQ modules or the resonant low pass and high pass modules. There's modules based on a variety of vintage synths if you want character.

Tom Gross

OG Forum Member
Gold Supporting Member
The best out there is VFE.

VFE Standout for EQ purposes (like tightening up a high gain amp):

standout520.png

Or the VFE Klein Bottle if you want to be able to run parallel FX through the different bands (e.g. distortion only on lows to keep it tight and then fuzz on the highs.):

kbnavy400.png

Ultra low noise and high end components. Only issue is he stopped production until next year, so you have to find used or when he has limited runs of stock from his attic.

VFE - great stuff for that. I have several of his pedals. The Klein Bottle is crazy, don't have one of those tho.

Last edited:

ChrisVereb

Would the Empress ParaEq with for what you are looking to do?

ParaEq-top_grande.jpg

Also if you don't mind digital, any of the Zoom multistomp pedals can run multiple eq instances in series.

The Line 6 M5/9/13 has an EQ model that can do simultaneous HP and LP. I've run that pre dirt before and really liked it. It was a great boost/tone shaper effect.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom