What pedal is the one that always brings a smile to your face

Gear nut

For now it's the Strymon Volante. Glad I got this instead of the Boss RE 202 not that there's anything wrong with the 202 just really happy with the Volante. Personally I could use this as my only echo unit.

schrectacular

Electric waves in space
Silver Supporting Member
Barber Exacta Ram's Head version. So lush and creamy. Always makes me happy.
Maxon ROD-881 always makes me smile too, on the distortion side. The voicing on the OD side doesn't quite do it for me. But it's always on the distortion side so I think it counts.

ross1shark

Silver Supporting Member
Total polygamist here. I have more than one main squeeze. The full-size TC Spark Boost is totally my jam, but so is the Nobels ODR-1 (and the ODR Mini).
But I also love my Bearfoot Pale Green Compressor. I have every EHX Big Muff reissue plus some boutique Muff action, and they all make me smile for a different reason.
The TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay gives me warm fuzzies.
Speaking of warm fuzzies, I love to activate my Joe Parker Gear 7 Booshy Box (Germanium fuzz with a JFET boost). I have two; one original, etched model that Joe was kind enough to sell me from his personal stash.
But I also love...

MyLittleEye

My MS-50g brings modern day functionality to my faithful old Pignose. The Multistomp has first rate reverb and modulation effects and generally serves as an excellent sonic sketchpad. I like that I can have it optimised for my Vox but just whack it into the hog when I'm out and about.

The Pignose also has an oft overlooked output jack and so could also be regarded as an oversized distortion pedal; this brings a grin to my face as well.

I'm smiling too with the idea that I could pair the Zoom with a second Pignose for some sty-reo grunt

index.php

Last edited:

Strat58

Hi a Tube Screamer, TS10, TS9 there a here to stay, simple and delivers the good. In fact just bought a secound hand TS9 this week, into a small Fender Champ (1974) just heaven it realy is.
Peace Strat58

MyLittleEye

Here's another smiler I feel deserves wider applause - Three Rats in one - Besides the standard Vin(tage) mode, its Dir(ty Rat) (germanium) mode approaches fuzz level distortion.
The big grin for me comes from Tur(bo Rat) mode at low gain with its visible LED's just starting to clip. I'll kick on a Bad Monkey OD after to further shape the tone or else before it to tip it over the edge...

Filthy stuff! - and filthy cheap!

xnf1gllvzrwxs57doqcm.jpg

Last edited:

NoiseNinja

I'll have to add my 2 NUX Tape Core Deluxe pedals too, amazing digital emulation of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo tape delay.

Just sounds absolutely glorious.

That is weather used more as you typically would a regular plain digital delay, with the repeats in sync with your playing, where the repeats sort of become part of what you are playing and you make room for them, or sort of a faux reverb, that is with a long slapback type delay, short delay time, but with a relatively high feedback setting (this latter use in particular sounds astonishing with my Boss TR-2 engaged stacked into it, set to a relatively slow, just a smidge above triangle wave, towards sine, tremolo. Like almost makes me believe I am Bill Frisell being assigned with the task of creating music for a new David Lynch movie or something. :cool:).

It adds this really unique, slightly modulated by the emulated tape wow and flutter, super lush, heavenly beautiful extra ethereal dimension to my tone.

There might be more essential pedals in my setup, also that I value higher, but this truly brings a big smile inside every time I use it, more so than any of my other pedals.

Last edited:

OnkelC

JPTRFX Silvermachine Fuzz, because it is just so over the top. the big rusty enclosure with welding points helps as well.

Honorable mention: Fredric Verzerrer

KingsXJJ

I'll have to add my 2 NUX Tape Core Deluxe too, amazing digital emulation of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo tape delay.

Just sounds absolutely glorious.

That is weather used more as you would typically a regular plain digital delay, with the repeats in sync with your playing, where the repeats sort of become part of what you are playing and you make room for them, or sort of a faux reverb, that is with a long slapback delay style short delay time, but with a relatively high feedback setting (this latter use in particular sounds astonishing with my Boss TR-2 engaged in front of it, set to a relatively slow, just a smidge above triangle wave, towards sine, tremolo. Like almost makes me believe I am Bill Frisell being assigned with the task of creating music for a new David Lynch movie or something. :cool:).

It adds this really unique, slightly modulated by the emulated tape wow and flutter, super lush, heavenly beautiful extra ethereal dimension to my tone.

There might be more essential pedals in my setup, also that value higher, but this truly brings a big smile inside every time I use it, more so than any of my other pedals.
I’m starting to feel the same way about my Nux Tape Echo NDD-7. Lovely sound. I have El Cap and many others. Nux does a stellar job pin their tape echoes I think. Still love my El Cap but it’s nice to have have an alternative flavor to choose from. It’s very inspiring.

Lynch is my favorite BTW and he always employs fantastic music in his work.

59 Restorer

Silver Supporting Member
PastFx. Reticon Flanger.

I managed to score one on Reverb after PastFx ran out of chips.
Glad I did. I was going to eventual try the Elastic Mattress and see if it would kick my Retro-Sonic aside.
The Reticon has really wowed me though.
I have an original EM V2 but sadly it’s toast. After further investigation it seems the SAD chip has failed. But it was glorious to the end.
I am not going to say the Reticon is an exact Sonic copy because it’s not. It is about as equally unique though. Quite chewy and somewhat lo-fi in a wonderful way. They say no 2 V2’s sound the same, so maybe it matches one out there somewhere.

It, for now, has cured me of looking at mod pedals.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom