What pedal or rackmount has pre-delay reverb ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by d l x r e v e r b, Jul 25, 2006.

1. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

Hello,

What floor pedals or rack units have pre-delay reverb ?

Whenever the sound man's mixing board has used this effect on my slower guitar solos it sounds great. Also sounds great on saxophone solos. The notes just seem to really breathe with approximately an eighth note of pre-delay reverb.

d l x r e v e r b

2. jaymeister

jaymeister Member

I've been looking at getting a Lexicon MPX-1. I think that it will do it, but I don't have the unit. I know that the rocktron rack units can't.

3. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

The TC G-major has a pre delay feature. basically a short delay is placed between the direct signal and the reverb tail. this way the input signal is kept clear by the more diffuse reverb tail that arrives shortly after it.

4. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

Although the G Major apparently does have pre-delay reverb, TC Electronics does not recommend plugging the G Major directly into the
    guitar amp. Although it is possible ,it is not recommended for good tone of the guitar. I am looking for a reverb pre-delay effect capable of connecting directly between guitar and amp without sacrificing tone. I play a mid-1960s Gibson 335 into a mid-1960s blackface Deluxe Reverb, so tone preservation is a prime consideration.

d l x r e v e r b

5. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

6. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

The EHX Holiest Grail has pre delay as well.

7. vinney57

vinney57 Member

They only say that because many people use the amp for distortion and delay/reverb before distortion is a no no. With a clean amp (and any OD pedals before the reverb unit) it would work fine. Every digital reverb unit in the known universe has a pre-delay and/or early reflection parameters.

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

this sparked a couple old memories ; ]

I used to use a Chandler SDEcho and it sounded much better when I fed it a Furman rack reverb.......

another thing I really enjoyed was using an old Boss RV2 in the gated mode - so I would set a reverb that would last just shy of the length of the delay and then gate down as the first delayed note would come --- it has this great tension as the first thing you get is a splash of reverb and then a clean delay with no reverb.......:AOK

9. MrSage

MrSage Member

10. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Roland SRV-2000 rackmount. Killer sounding & pretty cheap on flea-bay. 32 storable presets too!