what pedal(s) will you keep forever?

hagerty

based on satisfaction or rarity or personal attachment/value? doenst matter.

for me its:

old memory man
timmy
and both dd5

ive got a board and shelf full, but i could be totally satisfied with these all day long.

what about you

tnt365

I've recently acquired different ODs for different flavors. I plan to keep each of them as they are distinct in sound, so I can make one clean channel into many dirty channels that emulate certain sounds/amps.

LSchefman

Forever is a long time and it's awfully difficult to predict the future. I also have a weakness for "new" "shiny".

But I plan to keep my Fulltone stuff, it's the only pedal gear I've been consistently happy with and returned to over and over: Clyde Deluxe, Fat Boost, Trower OD, Supa Trem, and Deja Vibe. The rest come and go.

JoeE

Boss OD-1 - sentimental reasons. don't use it but it was my first pedal
Dano CTO-1 - good pedal but not worth selling
Boss DD-5 - awesome pedal with personalised mods

... nothing fancy here!

aeroslepperin

dd-5, stereo polychorus, octron 2...mmmmm....maybe my ad-900 too.

only a maybe on the ad-900 bc i've been thinking about getting something that isn't so warm / dark. so if i find something i like, i suppose that'd kick the ad-900 off the list.

i think the dd-5 and the polychorus are the only 2 pedals i've owned and haven't ever sold (and rebought)...

Bamboo

DD-2, Skreddy's, Analogman Bi-Comp for sure will stay.

Like everyone else, I tend to have a hard time getting rid of things I don't use though. Bunch of stuff stored in a closet. Hell, I have a Mesa preamp propped up against a bedroom door. :crazy

wailsound

I have a policy of not selling any of my pedals now but these are a few I have told my wife get a good price when I kick the sonic bucket , so they would be with me till I go.

Shin-ei resly tone
Boss CE1
Civil War USSR Muff
AM Sunface White dot and Beano White dot
ML-2
Barber Gainster Prototype

mcdes

Member of no importance
every thing i have is replaceable!! GAS is an illness, not a passing FAD!

but im quite tight with the LGW.........

KRosser

I have a Visual Volume pedal from roughly '96 and a Lovepedal Eternity from '05 that pretty much go with me everywhere. I can't imagine getting rid of either, as they still function perfectly and deliver musically.

VA_siCkBoy

Silver Supporting Member
first pedal I ever received....christmas present 1982 TS-9.
I have a lot of pedals but that one I will never sell.

oxtone

Fulltone Supa-Trem - has never left my board.
King of Tone - why sell it after waiting two years for it?
Barber 1/2 Gainer - simply the best low-gain pedal I've ever used!
Xotic BB Mid Boost - my main go-to overdrive for Rock sounds.
Boiling Point - great for high-gain sounds. Paid too much to let it go.
Suhr Shiba Drive - keep finding good sounds in it.
Suhr RIOT - another great high-gain pedal.
LoveKraft Mojo Drive - finally found one used. Hard to find. A Keeper!
Echo Park - my main delay.
Boss Giga Delay - lot's of good sounds here.
Korg Pitchblack - excellent tuner.
MXR EVH Phase 90 - not going anywhere
Boss CE-2 - a sweet chorus for when I need one.
Dr. Scientist "The Cleanness" - simply the best clean boost pedal I've ever owned, after a long search. Never leaving the board!

SonicVI

I don't plan on ever selling my own Tone Bender MK1 and Klon clones, or my purple sparkle SonicVI Champion Fuzz Unit, and probably not my Boss VB-2 either.

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
I'm set with the pedals I use now, don't intend to sell any, but I have already sold a bunch of "keepers"..

Providence delay, timmy.. were going to stay forever, until the day I sold them!

Axe-Man

I'm in the process of putting together my very first pedalboard and I'm trying to do it 'right' first go (I know...kinda an impossible task).

But I've done my research and the pedals I have found are all so far awesome pedals.

I think the keepers are:

Creative Audio Labs Mk 4.23 boost and Holy Fire OD/boost/fuzz (it's kind of all of those in one pedals) - these pedals are so transparent it's kinda amazing.

Carl Martin PlexiTone - what a great pedal that is!

Diamond Compressor - really impressive subtle comp...fattens up your sound so well...just got that one off a friend.

Suhr Riot - picky (as it can sound a little thin/bright with some amps) but great sounding with the 'right' amp.

I'm looking at getting an Eventide Space as well...think this going to be the keeper reverb pedal for quite some time to come.

Trending Topics