what pedal will get me the crunchy gain and girth of...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by blazzrock, Jun 13, 2008.

1. blazzrock

blazzrock Supporting Member

a budda superdrive distortion channel or a soldano crunch channel. i want to use it with my divided by 13 rsa 23 pushed into break up for heavier rhythym and lead to get me into van halen and king's x territory. my main guitar is a prs mcarty with lollar imperials. it would also be great if it was a small footprint and stacked well with my landgraff dynamic overdrive and my xotic rc booster. a few things i am considering are the mo'd/chupacabra, bb preamp, the dyna red, catalinbread scod. any help would be awesome.

2. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Mosferatu or Screwdriver would work.

3. blazzrock

4. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Hermida Mosferatu and Skreddy Screwdriver. You may want to simply go with a crunchbox and an EQ or something instead to be closer.

5. cube

cube Member

i have had good luck getting close to the EVH sound with the lovepedal purple plexi 800

6. blazzrock

i can get the early vh vibe from cranking my amp and boosting the front end with my ldo. it really has that dimed exploding amp thing going on that eddie used to get. i'm kinda looking for slightly higher gain with the addition of this last pedal. essentially i want something to make my rsa 23 sound similar to a soldano. i really like the gain characteristics of the soldano stuff for higher gain. although the purple plexi does have me interested.