• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

What Pedals Have You Bought in 2021?

rfmason

Just received the new Free the Tone Tri Avatar 2H. I also recently picked up the PastFX Chorus Ensemble and another King Tone Blues Power.
How does the new Tr-Avatar compare with the original/discontinued version? I know the new one can have more presets, but sound wise, what do you think? Worth picking up if you already have the older version? Thanks

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
How does the new Tr-Avatar compare with the original/discontinued version? I know the new one can have more presets, but sound wise, what do you think? Worth picking up if you already have the older version? Thanks
I own both versions of the Tri Avatar. The newer version has a digital converter used in the Flight Time, which allows you to have a brighter signal, more tonal adjustability. The mix allows also for a wetter signal on top of the addition of more available presets. I will likely stick this on my studio board and the 1H version on one of my gigging boards. I've owned the 1H since they first were released and I am not intending in selling it. They are the best chorus pedals I own, and I own several: TC Electronic SCF(4), Valbruch, Jam Waterfall, PastFX Chorus Ensemble. I'm currently selling the Waterfall and PastFX CE.

BearBryan

Silver Supporting Member
Just now in addition to what I already posted:
Fulltone Supa-Trem 2

USED, so as not to subsidize Fulltone and the proprietor’s toxic idiocy (and I don’t think this is a case where secondary market pricing buoys the new market).

It does what I need, and for the foreseeable future, unlike some guitar god, my using it isn’t going to inspire others/draw business Fulltone’s way.
Fuller has been a prick for years but he didn't do anything wrong this time around. So of course he gets canceled for this and not for decades of terrible customer service.

Sparadrap

Off the top of my hat:

clinchfx ep-pr
dunlop echoplex delay
boss dd-2
ehx dmm 550
diamond cpr1
kingsley page
amt adg-1
dod 250
dod yjm308
whe fat sandwich
dazatronyx rad
boss half racks (delay, parametric EQ, reverb)

Far from my 2020 performance (60 pedals) though :)

Rockin J

The only thing I’ve bought is a Source Audio Nemesis Delay.
Been messing around with it getting some good sounds but if the truth be told it is not even close to the sound quality of my Strymon Timeline.

Lupus87

I own both versions of the Tri Avatar. The newer version has a digital converter used in the Flight Time, which allows you to have a brighter signal, more tonal adjustability. The mix allows also for a wetter signal on top of the addition of more available presets. I will likely stick this on my studio board and the 1H version on one of my gigging boards. I've owned the 1H since they first were released and I am not intending in selling it. They are the best chorus pedals I own, and I own several: TC Electronic SCF(4), Valbruch, Jam Waterfall, PastFX Chorus Ensemble. I'm currently selling the Waterfall and PastFX CE.
What do you think of the sound between both versions? Is there a noticeable difference? Do you prefer one in particular?

Thanks!

Sparadrap

Off the top of my hat:

clinchfx ep-pr
dunlop echoplex delay
boss dd-2
ehx dmm 550
diamond cpr1
kingsley page
amt adg-1
dod 250
dod yjm308
whe fat sandwich
dazatronyx rad
boss half racks (delay, parametric EQ, reverb)

Far from my 2020 performance (60 pedals) though :)
Update: one Maxon Apex808 on the way!

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
I'm averaging one a week so far this year :facepalm although I've sold just as many as I've bought so :dunno.

likely to hold on to:
Tubesteader Lightkeeper
Gamechanger Plus
OBNE Expression Ramper (x3 including a black one from Russo music)
UA Golden

other likely keepers:
Draume v2 (rebought)
Saturn VI (standard edition - rebought)
Count to 5 (white finish)

Last edited:

vmann

Silver Supporting Member
Kingtone SI mini fuzz (1st time; still evaluating)
MXR Phase 95 (again)
MXR Carbon Copy (5th time or so; just a great analog delay)
Soursound Boost (1st time; great pedal)
Strymon Volante (come and gone)
Strymon Deco (5th time owning this pedal. The flanger and double tracking just kills)
Strymon Flint (4th or so time with this pedal. Not so much the reverb but the Trem side just hits the spot)
Strymon Lex (1st time through this pedal. Not sure if I like what I’m hearing)
Digitech Drop and Ricochet. Haven’t put them on my temporary board yet. Drop I know but Ricochet???
Diamond ML DLX on the way.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
What do you think of the sound between both versions? Is there a noticeable difference? Do you prefer one in particular?

Thanks!
Both are similar in sound with the 2H having more range with the mix level and the tone knob does seem to have a larger range, but I haven't had a chance to A/B them side by side in my studio as my board is actually on sight at another studio currently.

Lupus87

Both are similar in sound with the 2H having more range with the mix level and the tone knob does seem to have a larger range, but I haven't had a chance to A/B them side by side in my studio as my board is actually on sight at another studio currently.
Thanks!

RevLoveShot

Silver Supporting Member
Cib cuda bc I need another drive like everyone else, never tried a tube pedal, and I’m dumb.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Mid Year Update… I’ve been busy.

SUF 1975 Rams Head
AM KOT
AM POT
AM Mini Chorus
Pigdog Electric Eye
Seeker Buzzaround
Suhr Discovery
EHX DMM XO
R2R Supa MkII
Kingsley Serf

Pretty sure I’m missing something too.

Last edited:

Meriphew

29 Pedals EUNA (x2)
Spaceman Sputnik III copper edition
Origin Effects Hot Rod
Origin Effects Magma 57
Spaceman Aurora flanger
Sinvertek N5+
Bogner Wessex V1 (as a backup to my Wessex)
API CMP compressor
29 Pedals OAMP (x2)

Last edited:

Silkrodamus

Greer Lightspeed. It's been a successful year for me on the Austerity Plan. The Lightspeed kicks ass by the way.....don't know why I didn't buy one years ago.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom