What Pedals have you tried as a direct result of TGP?

john l

Supporting Member
I just tried the Kingsley Page because of the reviews here. Left me pretty flat. Still Curious about a Harlot but after getting the Page out of my system Im not in any hurry.

Sam Xavier

Nothing. But...

I used TGP as part of my research when I was buying stuff a while back. Part of the process of reading up on things, watching demos, talking to people and so on.

I guess TGP's input was there, but not directly.

twisty571

RAT - have 2 now
TIM - not for me
Keeley 1962x - liked
Bogner Blue & LaGrange - nice
J. Rockett .45 cal. - nice
J. Rockett 10 Ton Hammer - hard pass

Lovepedals period....Like some & some weren't for me. MKI Superlead is a yes but MKII is a pass. LP Jubilee is a yes & would like the new 1 with boost! HW Purple Plexi 100 & the PP100 w/boost - both not for me when I had them. Just got a Kanji 9 in the mail today and waiting to get to play later :)

Last edited:

StratmanSteve

The ones that come immediately to mind . . .
DOD Carcosa
Chase Tone '68 Red Velvet Fuzz
Vick Audio muffs (I have the 1861)
Mooer Slow Engine​

Gemini2

I joined TGP in 2004 and have bought many pedals as a result of reading this forum.

I was looking through my stash today and found the following pedals that I kind of forgot about:

Frantone - The Sweet

Nine Volt Nirvana-Brontoboost

Prescription Electronics-The Germ

Pedalworx-Texas Two Step

Paul Cochran-TIM

Pro Analog-Dual Drive

Maybe it’s time to take these for a spin!
Had a PedalWorx Tejas. Always wanted but never found a Texas Two Step. Is the volume lower on it, harder to get untity like the Tejas?

JoeYello

Supporting Member
Had a PedalWorx Tejas. Always wanted but never found a Texas Two Step. Is the volume lower on it, harder to get untity like the Tejas?
I didn’t have a problem with the volume, not enough gain for my situation. I liked the idea of the drive and the added boost. Something about it didn’t work for me.

pete12string

Supporting Member
Off the top of my head:
Timmy
Mythical Overdrive
Chase Tone Red Velvet Fuzz
Lovepedal COT50
Lovepedal Black Mamba Tchula

Joe Gore

TGP has introduced a lot of smaller builders to me. Trombetta, Joe Gore, Telenordia, Spaceman. I sort through as much info as possible to try and draw a conclusion as to whether a pedal is worth a shot. I drew that conclusion with Spaceman Sputnik, Aphelion, Saturn V and while they sound good they just weren’t for me. The others listed all stuck and have gotten me to sounds I have had in my head for decades. Thanks TGP folks.
I haven’t checked out Telenordia. (What do you like that they make?) But man, I’m tickled pink to be mentioned alongside Trombetta and Spaceman, two of my very favorite builders. :)

PorkChop

I haven’t checked out Telenordia. (What do you like that they make?) But man, I’m tickled pink to be mentioned alongside Trombetta and Spaceman, two of my very favorite builders. :)
Hey Joe. Where you going with that germanium in your hand? I have the TA-100 overdrive and the TF-1 filter. But your germanium channel can cop the same basic sounds of both. Super flexible. So much control with the pedal knobs but most impressive with the control of your picking dynamics and guitar knobs. I played straight in for 25 years and it doesn’t sound like an amp bit it responds like an amp, so I don’t have to tap dance to vary up my sounds. That’s my main almost always on pedal. Love it.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Gold Supporting Member
I'm not a huge pedal collector but I know when I find one I like and it usually stays. This board is at my summer place and has not changed since last year. Sorry it's "turned".

Islander

Quite a number...
One's that never would've crossed my mind.
Mythical Overdrive
Timmy
Silver Pony by Alchemy Audio
Fulldrive (non mosfet)
Teese picture
Area 51 wah

Also researched others like: Joe Gagan, various Wampler, Catalinbread, Keeley, JHS.
Plus the usual suspects: Boss, MXR etc..

While it takes a bit of sifting at times.
Much good information is here!

Trending Topics