What Phaser for Maestro PS-1 Sounds...

muffinman

Gold Supporting Member
As ubiquitous as this thing used to be, I find it odd no one has yet stepped forward and made a clone/kit of this already AFAIK. The ramping and the tone is to die for (just go listen to 'No Quarter' or any early Rush, many many other early/mid-70s tunes), the only thing lacking by today's conventions is true bypass and foot control. There are several phasers that cover some things the PS-1A/B did like ramping, but yet I still smell opportunity.

Plea to any up-and-coming builders looking to carve out a niche: quit dinking around with yet another fuzz/OD/Phase90 the market doesn't need and get on this already! ;) otherwise if someone has nailed it please enlighten me.

66Park

;)

It has foot control...:)

Wow! I sure wish I'd known about that footswitch when I had mine years ago. I used to just step on the plastic switches as carefully as I could, and, of course, I eventually broke it. They are lovely sounding units.

WoodyStrat

I think the Keeley takes elements from the meastro and the mutron according to it's literature. At least it is nice to play something other than a phase 90 clone!

Last thing the world needs is yet another phase 90!!

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
The new Empress phaser can cop just about any phase sound, IMHO.

The old tc electronic phaser was also great.

muffinman

Gold Supporting Member
;)

It has foot control...:)

I've only seen it in photos, almost always I see them for sale with no footswitch in sight! But yes good call, I kind of realized I wasn't accurate after I posted, if you can find one then you're set, plus I think someone can custom-build a footswitch for your old Maestro if you need one (trying to remember who-- oh yeah!), Ronsound can make one.

stratguy23

What's the difference between the PS-1 and the PS-1A? I own the PS-1A and I would agree it is the coolest phaser ever, just SO massive and it sucks a lot of treble when in the signal chain.

Trending Topics