• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

what phaser/vibe can cop these sounds?

Aruntang

Oooh, that sounds really great. Maybe the Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser? I remember getting some similar tones using that pedal.

lcjc800

I had a VooDoo vibe for years, it'll do that, but at a premium cost, the Maxon PT999 is a bit too phazey for that and the PH350 is way overly so. the warble and sweep of those clips don't really have an elaborate effect, so I suggested the Dunlop vibe.

nice! i've been eyeing the voodoo for a bit now ... i love pitch vibrato too ... and a trem would be nice ... so yeah ... i know it's expensive ... but maybe it's a good choice for me. i'll check out the dunlop!

Aruntang

i was hoping you'd say the voodoo vibe. :crazyguy
Ha, ha, ha! Well, I don't really set the voodoo vibe for those sounds as I set them for a strong univibe sound or a lush, light vibrato, but the Voodoo vibe is extremely tweakable, and can be set to be quite mild. The phaser tones seem to me milder on those clips or are gentler. I can let you know when I am back from my vacation and have the pedal infront of me. I can see a univibe getting those sounds with the intensity set low, which means the Voodoo vibe could definitely get them also.

Still those tones to me sound a lot like my moogerfooger 12-stage phaser which isn't all that dissimilar in sound to univibe in some ways.

Aruntang

I had a VooDoo vibe for years, it'll do that, but at a premium cost, the Maxon PT999 is a bit too phazey for that and the PH350 is way overly so. the warble and sweep of those clips don't really have an elaborate effect, so I suggested the Dunlop vibe.
I love me some Voodoo Vibe!

gitpicker

Gold Supporting Member
Man those clips sound great - unfortunately, I found a dealer's website and the price was $442. :messedup

dividedsky

Yeah I don't think it will be anywhere near that expensive. Are you sure that was the suggested retail price? I can't imagine that it would be much higher than $300 based on the other pedals in the MP line.

Bob Sweet

By listening to the clip and the name of the pedal, I would say you don't need a "vibe" to get that sound. "Tiny Orange Phaser" is obviously pointing to the Phase 90. Which "may" be what Bjorn's pedal is based on. I say "based" because he usually add's significant improvements.

Trending Topics