what pickups are in a 2000 american standard strat?

david henman

...recent american standard strats come stock with custom shop fat 50s, which are wonderful pickups
i have a 2000 american standard - anyone know what pickups fender installed back then?

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty sure they just called them American Standard pickups.

tamader74

Most came with the 'older' Texas series (Tex/Mex., Texas special's, etc.),...But your talking about a time when Fender was starting to come out with different models of (especially) Strat.'s. If your positive the guitar is 'stock',...just call (480) 596-9690, that's the number for Fender Customer Service, and anyone there can answer your question in minute's.

Their available 9-5 either Mt. time, or PST., I can't remember,...Just press 1 after the recorded voice answer's your call,...as new as your Instrument is, they can tell you ANYTHING you want to know about it, Model, Build date, p-up configuration, etc.,. Good luck with your quick search. Tom

84superchamp

who's yer
Gold Supporting Member
i thought they were just called American Standards also. all i know is i changed out the bridge with a Texas Special and there was a noticeable difference, so i'm guessing they weren't stock.

Highway Chile

I have a 2000, but mine is called the American Series and not the American Standard. As mentioned above, I don't recall that the pickups had a special name. They were just standard American Series Strat pickups incorporating the delta tone (hot bridge pickup connected to a tone control that could be eliminated from the circuit in the detent position).

tamader74

...That's why I posted the phone # to find out for sure. I know several folk's that THOUGHT they had a AmStd., or an American series,...In one instance a fellow bought what he THOUGHT was just a American Strat., he didn't care,...it was American made.

I also (sorta') knew the guy he got it from,...he was commenting to me one of the reasons he bought the guitar used from the other guy was, he loved the p-guard, and the color,...long story short, he asked me what I thought of it, I asked him if it came with a deep red interior, rectangular HSC... he replied that the other gent. told him that he was keeping THAT case, and bought him a 'Brand new' tweed GC HSC.,...that was part of the deal.

I (of course...LOL) told him what he had,...and I was correct, he purchased a 'Road-House', Hot Rod series Strat., which came with Texas Specials, in 2001 they were then called just 'Hot Rod' Strat.'s, due to Lee Roy Parnell going back to LP's, and Fender dropping the old name, and the 'nicer' case.

I know, all this IS trivial,...But sometimes, it's just nice to know what you actually have,...in reality if you love it, play the Heck out of it...'cuz that is all that matters. Tom

65DuoSonic

Some info about 2000 American Series/Standard Strats (transitional year):

http://www.legendarytones.com/fendstrat90.html

The pickups on the one I used to have (also a 2000) had flat poles, plastic bobbins, as I recall; I think they were called the Delta Tone pickups or something. Hard to remember. It was a cool guitar that I regret selling.

If my memory is correct, they looked similar to these*:

[/URL][/IMG]

*I think the painted numbers and black ground wire (was white) started appearing in the mid-2000s, but they were the same otherwise in 2000.

Here's a set from a 2000 Strat, with the hot bridge pickup (screws):
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Trending Topics