What pickups are you using in your ALL Rosewood Tele?

sleepingtiger

I know there has to be at least a couple of you out there!
I've had my MIJ Rosewood Tele for quite a few years, but STILL have not found the right pickups for it. I'd like to keep the tone in the traditional Tele zone, just beefed up by the RW construction.
What are you using in yours? What are your thoughts on a Broadcaster bridge & Twisted Tele neck W/ 1meg pots?

Thanks-in-Advance!
Tony

seltaeb

Silver Supporting Member
Mine has handwound Abby pickups in it ;).

I love the rosewood telecaster. One of the most stunning sounding and looking guitars ever made, IMO. I also think they have quite a variety of tonal variety. The bold, clean tone is unlike anything else I have. One of my favorite tones is the clean solo from George Harrison on the Let It Be version of "One After 909." The lower pitched notes in that solo are to die for.

sleepingtiger

Mine has handwound Abby pickups in it ;).

I love the rosewood telecaster. One of the most stunning sounding and looking guitars ever made, IMO. I also think they have quite a variety of tonal variety. The bold, clean tone is unlike anything else I have. One of my favorite tones is the clean solo from George Harrison on the Let It Be version of "One After 909." The lower pitched notes in that solo are to die for.
Are those Custom Shop pickups that are currently available?

Tony

seltaeb

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not sure. I think sometimes her pickups show up on Reverb/eBay, but that's probably about it. My Telecaster is the new GH model... and Abby came out of retirement to wind the pickups for those. They do sound great... but I'm sure that any Custom Shop Tele pickups would work well. If you can't get Abby pickups, I'd recommend whatever they put in the Mike Campbell Heartbreaker guitar.

seltaeb

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, this thread needs pictures.

9.jpg

31.jpg

axeplayer

I have a mint 20 yr old Custom Fender Tele with Rosewood neck.
It has a Weider Big T in the neck and Fralin blues special in the bridge.
I really have no desire to switch them out anytime soon.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom