• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What power supply could run a nova delay?

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a Nova Delay but the only problem is that my power supply (voodoo lab PP2+) only runs 250mA while the pedal requires 300mA. Are there any alternatives I can use? I don't want to go out and buy a whole new power supply. If there is no alternative, I will switch to something else, but anything helps. Thanks.

mcdes

Member of no importance
The nova will run fine on the pp2+, out of either 5 or 6.

But, if you power a pedal from the other high MA outlet as well, make sure the sum total doesn't go over, or close to for that matter, 500Ma.

But the nova will run fine.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the Nova series are fine thru the PP2+ using tap 5 or 6 for each Nova. The only Nova it can't power is the Nova Drive, which requires 380mA. I used to power the Nova Modulator and the Nova Repeater thru taps 5 & 6 at the same time. No issues.

oxtone

T Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon is what I run my TC iB Modified Nova Delay, with one tap. No need to use two taps. Easy as pie!

I was going to run a Nova Repeater. But I'm actually afraid there will be problems. A lot of people tell me the pedal cannot be run through a PP2+

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
T Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon is what I run my TC iB Modified Nova Delay, with one tap. No need to use two taps. Easy as pie!
No need to run the Nova w/ 2 taps on the PP2+. One tap, either the 5 or 6 tap will power the Repeater or the Nova Delay fine.

Adagietto

Silver Supporting Member
I get hum when running my Nova Delay with a PP2+. I ended up using a Radio Shack wall-wart. I would suggest trying the PP2+, and it may work fine for you.

flatulentmatt

Silver Supporting Member
Can't believe no one's mentioned Cioks! Great power supplies, the DC-8 and DC-10 would both do you nicely.

jay42

I am running a Nova Repeater off of a PP2 and I have no complaints. It's easy to confuse the wall-wart rating with the actual draw. I would never send out a wall-wart that was running near its nominal limit. You'd want to draw less than 2/3 if not 50%.

mcdes

Member of no importance
Can't believe no one's mentioned Cioks! Great power supplies, the DC-8 and DC-10 would both do you nicely.
No one has mentioned it, as he asked how to do it without changing power supplies.

I run my nova delay from outlet 5, and, set to 9volts (shock horror). Have for years. Never had an issue, no noise, no glitches.

I run it through the power supply that it came with, in the original box. That into a power strip, as with the rest of my pedals. Absolutely no issues and it sounds fantastic, with all the headroom you would ever need.

Trending Topics