What power supply for me?

buzzp

I have a tuner, moog mf-drive, keeley magnetic echo, zvex wooly mammoth, and I'm getting a Strymon Deco as well as another delay pedal. What should I get? Might add a compressor to the mix at some point

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
I have a tuner, moog mf-drive, keeley magnetic echo, zvex wooly mammoth, and I'm getting a Strymon Deco as well as another delay pedal. What should I get? Might add a compressor to the mix at some point
Can you help us help you by listing the power voltage and current draw for each pedal?

sleewell

just get a voodoo labs pedal power II+. it will work great for what you have now and will provide room if and when you get more pedals.

buzzp

Can you help us help you by listing the power voltage and current draw for each pedal?
Sorry, all of them are pretty standard 9v pedals except for the strymon. That's why I was asking. I'll check out the truetones... I've had a pedal power 2+ in the past and it was fine, just wanted to look at something different.

Brien

If you go Voodoo, definitely get the 4X4 to allow for expansion and higher current pedals.

buzzp

I'm probably going to get the cioks dc10, strymon is another 40-50 bucks, don't really care to spend that much on a power supply.

Super Locrian

Budget option: I've had the Vitoos DC-8 for about 6 months, and have not experienced any issues. I'm powering some power-hungry digital pedals with it. Mid-price: The MXR Iso-brick, I like the configuration of outputs.

Keep in mind that the Deco requires minimum 250 mA, and is probably best powered from an isolated output.

4b454e

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 for the Truetone CS-7 or CS-12.

I wouldn't choose a PP2+ because the high-current outputs are max 250 mA which could be limiting down the road, but I'm curious about the advice to "stay away".

jb4674

+1 for the Truetone CS-7 or CS-12.

I wouldn't choose a PP2+ because the high-current outputs are max 250 mA which could be limiting down the road, but I'm curious about the advice to "stay away".
That's one of the reasons and the other one is that everyone seems to think it'll power Strymon and Eventide boxes but it's not a sure thing (go read the multitude of threads about people complaining that it can't power a timeline, timefactor, etc.)

Boutiqueness was one of my criteria but, aesthetics was my main gripe with the PP2+. It looks clunky and cheap.

Trending Topics