• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

what pu for my HD28 ?

vinceman

Hi,
I'm about to buy a Martin HD28 and I want to put a pickup in it.

I play in a duet, and in a band on stages ranging from small clubs to bigger ones (100 to 1000 people).

I think i need at least a piezzo source to avoid any case of feedback (if in bad situation), and I don't want a sound hole pickup (i don't like the look of those).

i was thinking about those products :

LR Baggs Imix (ibeam + elements)
D'tar wavelenght
Fishman Ellipse aura

i want something that respects the tone of the guitar.

what do you think? ever tried any of those in this guitar? any suggestion?

Thank you guys !!!

go7

K+K Western Pure Mini. i have it in my HD28. No barn door,mounts under bridge. Just plain sounds great. Not a lot of coloring. Good luck!

Telecster

K&K is the best sounding system out there. It has the most natural sound. I have it in my Martin. I also have a XLR and Progression Twin Tube preamps. These sound great but are not needed to get the great sound. Check out the website

http://www.kksound.com/

Last edited:

vinceman

thanx for the input guys, keep'em coming !

i have read some stuff about the western mini, and i'm a bit concerned about the feedback.

also, do you use the K&K with a preamp?

Telecster

I have had no feedback problems with or without either preamps that I own.
I currently use the Progression Twin Tube preamp, the pickups sound great without a preamp. They are also pretty easy to install.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
I just put a DTAR Wavelength with the soundhole control module in my HD28 last year and am very pleased with it. I actually had a K&K condenser hooked up to the second source, but it sounded so good without it that I removed it and went with the UST alone.

kurtsstuff

I used to work for K&K....wished I still did...but....oh well..live and learn...Anyways....Fantastic product and highly recommend it!!!

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
K&K. Best I've heard, use an external preamp and a soundhole plug. Good to go.

coldfingaz

K&K is the best sounding system out there. It has the most natural sound. I have it in my Martin. I also have a XLR and Progression Twin Tube preamps. These sound great but are not needed to get the great sound. Check out the website

http://www.kksound.com/

Total agree with the K&K, but they are not the best option for loud volume band situations because they will feedback if you can't keep things under control. But, I love mine & have them in virtually all of my acoustics. Just got a PWM installed in my D-35, and played it out for the first time last night... sounded fabulous when playing alongside a dude on a djembe.

Trending Topics