What Rack do you guys use with Mesa Triaxis?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MonstaTone, Apr 15, 2016.

1. MonstaTone

MonstaTone Member

I have a Triaxis, Power Conditioner, and 20/20 power amp.
    I've been using an old 4 space Anvil AFX rack. It is the perfect size, 14" from front rack rail to back rack rail.
    Unfortunately, the rack can only fit 3 things in it. It is 1/8" too short to actually install a 4th piece of rack mount equipment.
    I'd like to go to a 50/50 power amp, which will take me to a full 4 spaces, but it just doesn't fit in my current rack.

I am looking for a semi-shallow rack, 14" to 15" from rail to rail.

If the rack is made in the US, that is a huge plus. Before the PC Police lash out, this is not a racial thing. I am not against owning items made in other countries. What I am against is American countries moving jobs overseas, paying crap wages and having terrible working conditions, polluting everything, and then selling these items back to the US market while making huge profits.

I know I can use a standard sized rack that is 19" deep, but it's freakishly huge for my needs, and I hate the way it hangs off of my cabinets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. darkknight91

darkknight91 Member

Check out SKB. They have quite a variety.

3. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

I've had Jeff Swanson make me a custom rack enclosure in the past, and I'd recommend him highly. He made a face-plate that fastens into place with Velcro - clever and stylish, IMO. Here's what he did for me:
    [​IMG]

BTW - I've got my Triaxis racked with a 20/20 amp, and Line 6 Echo Pro - that's one of my favorite small-rack (3-space) setups.

- Thom

ctreitzell likes this.
  4. JMMP1

JMMP1 Member

Do you want ATA style? Or is tolex covered headshell style ok?
    Splawn makes some awesome looking racks covered in tolex.

If you only have 4 items and support the power amp well, SKB would be great.
    I have an OSP and EWI case (both made overseas) and couldn't be happier with them.

ctreitzell likes this.
  5. slybird

slybird Member

I know what you mean about the amp racks they are long. The Triaxis' size does not make it easy.

I use a 4-unit Road Ready 14" standard effects rack (RR4UED).

Triaxis, 2:50, FX unit all fit without problem, but Triaxis hangs out the back end a couple inches with the case open. Package sits nicely on top of Mesa 1x12 recto or 4x12 slant cab and is smaller than some heads I've run across.

I use George L for the angle plugs. I can't remember where I found the angled MIDI. I don't have to unplug audio or MIDI cables when I close the box up. Power cords wrap up inside. When closed everything is almost tight fit, but it works for transport.

The box is heavy, but looks way better than the plastic mold ATAs IMO. Filled it probably weights 50 to 60 lbs.

I purchased it in 2000 when I purchased my Mesa rack amp. It has held up nicely. I would purchase Road Ready or similar again, but would buy a 6-unit to fit a power conditioner and second effects unit.

6. mrwhipple

mrwhipple Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

1x for the SKB. I used one with a Quad Preamp. Nice rack cases

7. tazzboy

tazzboy Supporting Member