1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What replaced your Keeley Fuzzhead?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by woude, Mar 31, 2008.

1. woude

woude Member

I tried it yesterday again after a long period of time. What a nice fuzz / overdrive combination! I wonder; does it still satisfy after a while or do most people replace it with a real' overdrive or a 'real' fuzz after some time?

2. bestegw

bestegw Member

I still love my Fuzz Head and won't sell it, but I did replace it with a true fuzz and a true OD-pedal.

The two pedals give me more versatility, but lack the (relatively) high-gain character, so we're working on a dual overdrive to get all shades of OD that I want.

3. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Nothing. The combination of tone, available volume and versatility afforded by the si/ge switch, internal trims (caps) and gain control it is unique. ymmmv

4. woude

woude Member

yeah, what's up with that? HUGE ammount of volume! I don't think I ever dialed it past 10:00!

It's a really nice pedal, that's for sure. :cool:

5. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

Well, I sold mine, and bought...a Fuzz Head.

6. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

The Fuzz Head is soooo good. I love it still. Just did a two fuzz head in series recording. And I realized that for the 3.5 years I've owned one, I've never maxed both knobs at once. So, did that to both fuzz heads here. But with a lowered volume on the amp the head knob is more useful than I'd previously discovered. With it maxed, the difference between the si/ge sides is really pronounced. I'd always set it to match the volume on my amp.
    http://www.priestunes.com/audio/Two_Fuzz_Heads_GE_to_SI.mp3
    (amp at bedroom levels--chord at end illustrates the pedals bypassed)

7. Barnabyhuggins

Barnabyhuggins Member

I love Keeley's stuff but that is the only pedal I've ever flipped in 2 days. Just didn't ring my bell. Probably my amp....

8. ronin32

ronin32 Member

HBE UFO. It didn't replace it but beat it out for me to buy.

9. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

Untill I turned the internal gain all the way up I didn't think it was living up to the promise of "Fuzz Head."

10. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

Absolutely nothing has ever been able to replace my FuzzHead! It has become a mainstay of my main lead tones. It also does sweet powerchords, and rhythm. It is a very usefull fuzz to me and I would hate to be parted from it.
    Best Regards!

11. JMayerFan

JMayerFan Member

I've been looking at one of these for awhile now...but I have a twin reverb, and the only guys that I've heard that got rid of the fuzz head are fender amp owners. Anyone played it through a twin reverb? Would my amp be too finicky with it?

12. reganjeremy

reganjeremy Member

I <3 my fuzzhead soooo much... i use it stacked with an MXR overdrive, such a great lead sound. definitely for class A amps.. also turned up the internal gain but not all the way, gave it some more leeway with the knobs. i thought when i bought it i would prefer the Ge side but that is not the case.. a little too loose for my taste on that site, I usually go with the Si