What replaced your timmy?

daphil_1

Hello all. Let me put this down - the timmy is my fave overdrive of all time and I shall never sell it...however I am always keen to hear other experiences from people who are now using another pedal over the the timmy. Anyone fit into this category?

giggedy

I use the Tim, however, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I just got a zendrive in december, and a KOT last week. The KOT and Tim are amazing together. The zen seems to be falling by the wayside in the last few days. I loved the zen and Tim together, but the KOT just sounds so good. I think that the Tim makes anything else sound better, it's not going anywhere.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
Red Snapper
TBiaC
KoT v3
Carb
AC Booster
DOV
Eternity with less driving opamps
Antelope Lovelight
J-Drive TR
Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive...

Many more I've forgotten have been tried in place of Timmy and everytime Timmy wins. Not to say some of them are not awesome in their own right of course but for low gain rhythm OD tones Timmy is the best for me.

Footnote:

I like my Timmy pedal set asymmetrical with an LM1458 opamp.

Rob Eadgbe

I've recently replaced my Timmy with a Zen, but it'll go back on once I'm bored with that configuration. There are some things I like better about the Zen and some things I like better with the Timmy. If I had room on my pedalboard, they'd both be on it.

thisfire

King of Tone. They're both great pedals, especially for rhythm, because they seem to leave a lot of the original signal intact rather than compressing it too much. Actually, that happened to me my main beef with the Tim! Sometimes it was TOO open, and not compressed/overdriven enough...rather than screaming, it just gets pretty gritty and dirty. I loved the sound, and I still miss the extra bass of the Tim, but the KoT was more versatile and makes my rig chime much more.

xroads

King of Tone. They're both great pedals, especially for rhythm, because they seem to leave a lot of the original signal intact rather than compressing it too much. Actually, that happened to me my main beef with the Tim! Sometimes it was TOO open, and not compressed/overdriven enough...rather than screaming, it just gets pretty gritty and dirty. I loved the sound, and I still miss the extra bass of the Tim, but the KoT was more versatile and makes my rig chime much more.
this is what I like about the Timmy as well: it's so open for crunch chord work, sometimes I almost forget that it's on....for the screaming stuff, I have a huckleberry fuzz in front of the Timmy. The combination of the two is just awesome.

Oh, and to answer the original question: I haven't found anything that could kick the Timmmy off of my board (tried the AC/RC/BB boosters).

TheGrooveking

Nothing has replaced it! It's still a keeper, as others listed, it's special in it's own little way. I am still amazed everytime I tweak the knobs on it.

TheGrooveking

DK207

Zendrive replaced my Timmy, KOT replaced my Zendrive. I'm happy for now, but am back on the list for another TImmy to see how it stacks with the KOT.

84Bravo

Anyone here with a Timmy find that it picks up FM stations? I'm serious, this has proved to be a problem playing at home and not in one outside venue, so I don't know if it's the pedal or my house?

RDM

Anyone here with a Timmy find that it picks up FM stations? I'm serious, this has proved to be a problem playing at home and not in one outside venue, so I don't know if it's the pedal or my house?
It's you. Try one of these:

Jacobpaul81

I get it occasionally. but I seem to get it with any OD i try. Cheap cables perhaps?

Trending Topics