1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

What should I build next?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by avwalker, Jan 18, 2006.

1. avwalker

avwalker Member

I just got the parts for my little IC Buffer pedal yesterday and finished it in a couple hours.......now I'm ready to get started on my next project. I was thinking of trying out a kit from BYOC......but I don't know what to get first....the only pedals I have left right now are a Bad Monkey, wah, and volume pedal.......and this is what I want to build, eventually:

Ross Comp
    TS-808 (maybe two of these)
    Fuzz Face
    Delay
    Chorus
    Maybe a phaser

But which one first???

2. woude

woude Member

the byoc phaser looks nice, the tribooster too!

3. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

4. Franklin

Franklin Member

Nive looking phaser Jimmy!! I'm waiting on small bear parts to build a tube screamer clone!

5. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

Cheers Franklin. Thank God for Smallbear.

6. avwalker

avwalker Member

I ordered my parts for the buffer from small bear......there was however a small problem as they sent me a 1uf Electrolytic cap instead of a .1uf film cap......but I found one in my box o' crap that I could use, and I'm not gonna whine to them about one part screwup.....after all, they did send me an extra ic socket.

I'm kinda at a toss up between the delay and the comp......I've never been too big on phasers.....but then again I've never had one. Hopefully if I get a decent tax return I can build 'em all.....

7. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

Avwalker, I wasn't big on Phasers either and I'd never had one. I built one because I'd built nearly everything else (apart from a delay). You can't go wrong with a compressor though. I've built an orange squeezer which I think is great and nearly finished a Ross.

8. Franklin

Franklin Member

I built a orange squeezer clone and loved it! I'm thikning about a ross one too. I just landed a full time job, so I'll be spending more cash on my "hobby".

:)

9. trucks

trucks Member

From your pedal list, I would recommend the delay. That said, I built the chorus; it is a great sounding pedal and a fun kit!

Here is the finished DonnerBox. I changed the led to yellow. It flashes with the LFO so it ties right into the flame of the enclosure.

10. Memorex

Memorex Member

I have almost everything I need in my Tonelab SE, but because I can't use the compressor and fuzz or wah at the same time, I was thinking about a BYOC RossComp myself.

11. propska

propska Member

I'm not sure how much pedal building experience you have, but it sounds like the IC buffer was your first build? I'd go with easier stuff (fuzzes, ODs) and then work up to the delays and phasers. Trouble shooting delay and modulation circuit are a pain.

12. justicetones

justicetones Member

Where did you get the buffer kit??????

13. gururyan

gururyan Member

I have to second the TriBoost, there is a thread and pic of mine right here.