• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What size should a fingerboard blank be for a strat?

Devin

Low Voltage
I know it seems pretty obvious but most of the blanks for fretboard wood out there seem to be 20" or 30" and i couldn't google my way into this info. Thank you!

PB Wilson

Well a Strat has a 25.5" scale length from nut to bridge saddles so a 20" should do the trick.

Are you getting one pre-slotted/tapered or just a squared-off piece of wood?

Devin

Low Voltage
thanks, I'm looking at african blackwood blanks and they just look squared off.

PB Wilson

Something in the 1/4"x3"x20" range should be just about right. It'll allow for some wiggle room to position the fretboard. African Blackwood is amazing stuff. Good luck!

Devin

Low Voltage
I'm trying to source 2 of them online, if you know any good places I would welcome suggestions. I can only find 2 places right now.

Trending Topics