What solid state amps are you guys using these days?

megatrav

Silver Supporting Member
Cool story. 500 points.
Not sure why you're so bothered by people not wanting to have the letter Z around considering the current implications, but this might help
DD2A8C64-ADC9-40A8-AB84-AA06BEBDABFC.jpeg

Good Grief

Picked up a Blues Cube BC-30 today for $250 - thought it sounded really great for a smaller combo, the thing can get loud too. I plan to run pedals into it, with the amp having a little bit of breakup itself on the first channel.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I'm using a little Blackstar Core 10 in my home office. I like the sound and it sounds good at low volume too. Blackstar has their Architect software that lets me connect the amp to my laptop and tweak the effects settings.

G2uyyJU.jpg

Here's a quick demo I made for Vinni Smith. The Core 10 has an output that goes directly to my iPhone too.

Colamander

H&K Ampman Classic. Best amp purchase for gigging I've made in a very very long time. I think it has been my only gigging amp longer than any other amp I've had, and that includes Mesas, Friedmans, Marshalls, BluGuitar, Peavey, Orange, Fender, and bunch of others. I still have a bunch of those and they are sitting on a shelf as nice decorations in my man cave. Meanwhile the H&K gets to go out on the town almost every weekend, sometimes as many as 3 gigs in one weekend, since my bands started gigging again last year.
I love mine too. As you said - very well thought out. I'm in the process of building a briefcase-sized board with a handful of pedals and the ampman. It'll be a killer rig

guitarman3001

I love mine too. As you said - very well thought out. I'm in the process of building a briefcase-sized board with a handful of pedals and the ampman. It'll be a killer rig
That's pretty much exactly what I have. I have it all on a Pedaltrain Metro 24 which I carry in a small Gator bag that fits it perfectly.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Half my playing these days is through SS. A DV Mark Micro 50 CMT, through an oversize pine open back 1x12. And a well travelled Evans 1x15 combo, the SE150. These amps are different than my tube favorites, but just as good sounding, just as interesting to hear and play, in their own way.

Brad2

Hotone Mojo Diamond for home use . I do not know if you should call it solid state because of the modelling but also the Roland micro cube GX mainly for the built in acoustic simulator

Last edited:

C-4

Not to go off topic, and not to diss those who are either going, or have gone to SS amps, as I have played them and tried many over the years, but just last week, I sold all of my current amps, which included a Galien Kruger 250 ML, BluGuitar Amp 1 ME with Remote, and a Vox VTX40.

I have a enough stashed valves to last me longer then I will be alive, so I ordered a new Marshall 2525H to replace the last one I foolishly sold to buy the BluGuitar setup. While I loved playing the BluGuitar Amp 1 for several years, I still missed Marshall amps in my home, and I'm not going to let all my NOS Mullards, Telefunkens, RFT's, Mazda, and other preamp valves, nor my EL-34 stash just be given away without at least using it somewhat.

I did order a Quad Cortex also, so I'm not going strictly all-valve. ;)

Once Far Off

Based on the recommendations in this thread and after a few weeks of watching various demos I pulled the trigger on a Quilter Aviator head. Should be here today. I'm looking forward to giving this a go. I've had a few SS amps early on and they all sucked but that was like 30 years ago. So here's hoping...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom