• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

What Song Scared You As a Kid?

90's person

I used to be terrified of 'I Don't Remember' by Peter Gabriel. From the very beginning of the song I used to feel intense fear, and it was the loud noises of crunching guitars at the end that terrified me most! My parents used to have his greatest hits C.D. and whenever that song came on I used to want to run out of the room or block my ears!

I now think it is a good song but can see why it scared me then, it is a bit ominous and definitely quite intense for a kid, especially a young one.

bluesuede

Anything Black Sabbath.
When I would visit my grandparents, I liked to hang out with my Uncle in his room. When he would put on Iron Man, I would run out of his room crying. Not sure how old I was, but still pretty little. A few years later I really started digging Sabbath.

Mike7

"We were flying alone and hit something in the air, I remember"
Something about bleeding out too if I remember right.

GulfportBound

Not really songs, just kind of fanfares---but stuff like these television production sign-offs scared the crap out of us kids in the late '50s and earliest '60s . . . (and, yes, the voice on the Four Star sign-off belonged to sports announcing legend Keith Jackson) . . .

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
All my family is deeply Catholic. But my uncle was a huge heavy metal fan. This is in the early 80's. He was in his teens and I was maybe 8 or so. So his room is full of Iron Maiden posters. And one time he just is showing me his album collection full of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC and goes on about how much he loves SATANIC rock. And of course I was afraid of his room and looking at all those scary mummies. I was terrified of "Number of the Beast". When you're 8 all of that seemed very dangerous and serious.

Stx

I know I heard a slow version of this somewhere when I was a kid. Total horror. But can't find it. Go straight to the gear icon and change the speed to 50%.
I think it would scare some kids!

Black&Blue

Nearly every Abba and BeeGees song my mother subjected me to as a child disoriented me...like my mind was being invaded by hostile aliens. But, weirdly, I still enjoyed the Andrew Sisters.

kidtwist

When I was a about five (1970) we had a record, The Secret Life of Harper's Bizarre. The first song on that, Look to the Rainbow, terrified me. I listened to it again recently and it is kind of creepy sounding.

The first 46 seconds Rush 2112:

And the opening minute of Cygnus X-1 also by Rush were pretty scary when I was a young teen:

Trending Topics