What sounds close to a Naylor or Reverend?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by silencer eleven, May 1, 2008.

1. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

I have a BF tremolux, and i'll be running a 2x12 with it. @ 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel to make 4 ohms. I have a reverend alltone in it, but I can't find a good price or just another one in general. What compares best with these speakers? I'm on a bit of a time crunch and we have shows coming up, and I have a 2x12 with the speaker. I have heard possibly emi legends? Jensen speakers, possibly the neo's? webers? Just wondering what will capture that vintage jensen tone like the naylors and rev's are supposed too.

thanks for your help

Evan

2. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Well, for starters, Naylor amps don't sound like Reverend amps...I owned 3 Naylors...I sold a number of Reverend amps....
    The only amp that I can compare the response of my old Club 38 , but enhanced is my Aiken Sabre 50 head...the Sabre has more attitude, but the same singy kind of tones...the Aken also has a better loop...[actually 2 FX loops]

3. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

He's talking SPEAKERS - not amplifiers

Evan , just stick a Celestion G12H-30 in there and keep looking for another Naylor / Reverend. They are different - but not THAT different - you may actually like that combo as well

4. mbetter

mbetter Member

I really, really liked my Naylor 2x12 and really, really wish I didn't sell it. It was the perfect match for my Dr.Z Z-28. Not so much for the KT-45 and Mazerati that followed it.

5. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

I just sold my Z28. Thanks for the info Dan. If I can't find a naylor or Rev. soon ill just pick up a g12H30. I also got some beam blockers that's i'm putting in there, so i'm excited to try those out too

6. doublee

doublee Member

You can buy Naylor spkrs from.....Naylor

7. frank4001

frank4001 Member

I called Reverend and they reccomened an Eminnence RWB. I like Jensen Neo's. I have 2 Weber Sig12B's and while I like them and they are cheap they don't sound too much like the All-Tone to me yet. BF Tremolux is my favorite amp though and I've tried alot of stuff...I like Weber 15" F150, but now I really like a Weber 1265 and Ruby SP12Cel combo. I've have a cab with a Jensen NEO and a Weber Silver Bell that I like allot. I also liked an old higher wattage Fender/Oxford and Jensen Neo combo. The All-Tone I have is in my Deluxe Reverb and its the best overall speaker I've tried in it so far. I seem to like the Jensen/Celestion hybrid types when it comes to Fenders. I'd try the Weber Sig12b as a low cost alternative. The mix could work well and although $100.00, the Jensen Neo may match up well. Higher wattage Celestions and Eminence may over power the All-Tone...they seem to have pretty high SPL's. Great amp..hard to go wrong. I feel like a big dunce....didn't know you could buy Naylor speakers from Naylor!...If you can I'd look into that first. Good Luck.

8. TD_Madden

TD_Madden Gold Supporting Member

I think Ted actually said in one of the Weber Forums that they made the AllTone for Reverend....it's pretty close to a 50-watt 12F150.

9. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

First post. The Weber Sig12B is virtually identical to the Alltone. I have both and have tried them back to back in both my Hellhound and Carvin Nomad. The Weber is maybe just a tad smoother on the high end, but there's not enough difference to matter.

10. doublee

doublee Member

Didnt Naylor design the Alltone? Would love to hear what the Naylor sounds like...

11. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

Ya I knew that and had been trying their website for days, but it said user's bandwidth was exceeded, but it is up and running again. However I was just able to pick up another alltone for a really good price.

thanks for the help everybody