• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What sounds closest to a G12M25 Greenback, but with higher power.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Is there one?

... or is the low power handling (smaller magnet, etc...) what gives the Greeny it's tone?

lukeII

I would vote for a Scumback M75HP (65watts). The higher power of that speaker would smooth the treble out a little. As for the greenie's tone like all other speakers it is a combination of the magnet, voice coil, cone and dustcap and how they work together as opposed to any single element of the speaker.

jamison162

Eminence Private Jacks, greenback tones but better, 50 watts ea., great speakers.
Scumback M75-HP, awesome!

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
not trying to be a smart ass, but more of them? Four would get you to 100 watts.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
I like the Eminence GB128, though I'd say it's warmer w/ more bass than a Greenback.

dumbell78

I would vote for a Scumback M75HP (65watts). The higher power of that speaker would smooth the treble out a little. As for the greenie's tone like all other speakers it is a combination of the magnet, voice coil, cone and dustcap and how they work together as opposed to any single element of the speaker.
Correct!

Im gonna sound like a broken record but I have them in all of my cabs, and they rock!

jamison162

Correct!

Im gonna sound like a broken record but I have them in all of my cabs, and they rock!
Yep, that's my pick too. But I like the Private Jacks for less money. The PJ's definitely have the greenback vibe going on, a littel fuller. Very woody, clear, killer cleans, vintage texture and breakup.

Trending Topics