• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What speaker to go with an Eminence RW&B in 2x12?

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
I need to replace the speakers in my 2x12 open back Avatar, for my Allen-modded Bassman (tweed/jtm45 kind of thing in the bass channel, which I use most often).

I have a spare Red White and Blues that I've had around for a while, but I'd kind of like to go ahead and replace both, and try something different (it currently has Em. Alnico 122's in it).

Should I just get another RW+B, or mix it with another 12" of some kind?

aaron1433

I've been wondering the same question, and I was considering a tonespotter. Never heard that combo though.

jumpnblues

Apparently, Eminence recommends those for a closed-back cab. What's your reason for recommending that one, though? Do they compliment the RW+B well?

One's brighter (Wizard), one's darker (R,W,&B). Balance each other out. One covers frequencies the other doesn't. Broadens your frequency spectrum.

Tom

Steve Dallas

I think a Texas heat would server you well. It is a little brighter than the RWB. I haven't put them in a 2x12 together, but I have two 2x12 combos that I run in stereo and really like the combination.

Trending Topics