What speaker to go with the Milkman 'The Amp' 50 ?

cyberprimate

I know that the combo version uses a 12" Celestion Creamback Neo 60W but maybe there's better choice ?

Last edited:

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Tone Tubby alnico Red..(50 watts).hemp cone:)
Cheaper alternative... Cannibis Rex.. ceramic .. hemp cone.. not the same but not bad. Better than the Celestion neo, imho...

aeolian

I've tried a number of different speakers I normally like as extensions on my Pedal Steel Mini. Each one seems to loose some of the immediacy of the internal Jupiter speaker. So now I'm looking for a second one. When I visited Marcus' shop he had a couple cabinets, including his personal one that had neo speakers for the weight convenience, but I think these vintage style Jupiter/WGS things are the ultimate for sound. He gigs enough that compact and light matter. The Amp and a pine/neo cab make those long walks from a parking space in The City much more palatable.

cyberprimate

I asked Tim Marcus what speakers he would recommend to use with 'The Amp' 50 if weight wasn't a question and he answered back "The Celestion Alnico Cream is pretty hard to beat. It has a lot of character!".

Trending Topics

Top Bottom