What speaker to pair with a Vintage 30 (2x12)

Eidolon

The Vintage 30 will be the "recording speaker". It just sounds great with an sm57 in front of it. But I'm looking to pair it with something a bit warmer, high powered, with less high end grit but that's still efficient enough to sound balanced alongside the V30.

I've come down to these options:

Eminence Texas Heat
Eminence The Governor
Eminence Swamp Thang
Celestion Redback
Celestion Creamback H
Celestion Alnico Cream

Has anyone tried any of these combinations?

Jonathan

Platinum Supporting Member
I dig the V30 / Creamback 75 combo. The Creamback seems to occupy a different midrange space than the V30 and overall improved both the clean and dirty tones of my amps over the 2x V30s I had in the cab prior. Also holds up to high volume high gain if that’s important to you.

Eidolon

I dig the V30 / Creamback 75 combo. The Creamback seems to occupy a different midrange space than the V30 and overall improved both the clean and dirty tones of my amps over the 2x V30s I had in the cab prior. Also holds up to high volume high gain if that’s important to you.
It is important. Thank you for the input, man. It seems to be a very popular mix, those two.

plextasy

I've tried the V30/H Combo and they compliment each other nicely. The M Creamback is a nice match too.

plextasy

I think it's a bit quieter but it definitely warms up the overall tone of the cab. Makes it more pleasing to listen to in my experience. It's worth noting that it's the speaker combo in the Bogner Helios 212CH cab. The H Creamback (75) is a bit more brash on the top end but still sounds warms up a v30 loaded cab.

Bigsby

I randomly stuck a ceramic Weber blue dog with a v30 into a TopHat Ambassador 35. That combo is magic. Never taking them out. They were just two speakers I had in my stash.

bigtone23

I once put a single V30 in a cab with 3 other Mesa MC90s (which are a smoother sounding speaker relative to the V30). Sounded great!

mcdyas

Gold Supporting Member
V30/M65 Creamback ;)

I also have the Alnico Cream and the H75 Creamback, and have tried them with the V30.

Eidolon

V30/M65 Creamback ;)

I also have the Alnico Cream and the H75 Creamback, and have tried them with the V30.
Interesting. I would have thought that any of the other two would give a more balanced mix than the V30/M65.
Are your speakers 8 ohm or 16 ohm?

Trending Topics