What speakers for OD100??

bluesmostly

Member
Messages
663
I have an od100 SH model (LLLLOOOVE IT!) and my main cab (THD 212) has CL80s in it and I am not crazy about the sound I get from these speakers with this head, or my Rocca HG100 for that matter.

Any recomendations for different speakers for the THD cab that I might prefer. I like the classic rock, blues tones, emphasized mids and tight bottom...

Thanks, David
 

bluessyndicate

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
2,533
While visiting with John Suhr last week, he indicated that his most recent personal recommendation for a 2x12 was the Eminence Govenors. It did sound pretty darn good.
 

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
6,402
Originally posted by bluessyndicate
While visiting with John Suhr last week, he indicated that his most recent personal recommendation for a 2x12 was the Eminence Govenors.

Those would be good also. That's what I have in my CAA 2X12.
 

bluessyndicate

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
2,533
If/when I pick up an OD-100 I will end up using Steve's recommendation...having a Bogner 2x12 oversized partial open back with V30's.
 

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
6,402
Originally posted by bluessyndicate
If/when I pick up an OD-100 I will end up using Steve's recommendation...having a Bogner 2x12 oversized partial open back with V30's.

Good idea:)
 

glogulus

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
1,041
Has anyone played the OD100 with a greenback loaded 4x12?

I've got a scumback loaded mojo cab on order and I'm hoping it's everything it should be.
 

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
6,402
Originally posted by glogulus
Has anyone played the OD100 with a greenback loaded 4x12?

I've got a scumback loaded mojo cab on order and I'm hoping it's everything it should be.

I played John's and it sounded absolutely killer. It sounds great with my GB loaded 2X12 too.
 

glogulus

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
1,041
Originally posted by Steve Snider
I played John's and it sounded absolutely killer. It sounds great with my GB loaded 2X12 too.
Thanks for the info Steve!
 

chobley

Member
Messages
114
Originally posted by Steve Snider
Those would be good also. That's what I have in my CAA 2X12.
Steve ,
I'm interested in one of those CAA 2x12's and have been a long time fan of the Bogner large 2x12 .
How do you like it compared to the boggy ?
Thanks
John
 

Noel E.

Member
Messages
310
Originally posted by glogulus
Has anyone played the OD100 with a greenback loaded 4x12?

I've got a scumback loaded mojo cab on order and I'm hoping it's everything it should be.
Our "default" cab which we use to demo the OD100 in the shop is a Greenback loaded 4x12 (a Germino cab, to be exact). It's an absolutely killer combination. That being said, the OD100 sounds fantastic thru all the other 4x12's, too...Cornfords w/ V30's, Diezel X-cabs, etc. Each cab just lends a different flavor. The amp sounds surprisingly good thru a Diezel closed-back 2x12 loaded with the Diezel (Eminence) speakers. My personal fav is the Greenback 4x12 cab, though... just so sweet & juicy....
 




Top