what strats have realy round necks BIG!!!

joolzriff

the back of them>>>?? need something realy round cos my hand is fatiguing on 4 sets,is there anything off the shelf that fender makes that might interest me that dosnt cost over $2,000?????

Redbell

Well, just a suggestion but find a strat you dig & order a neck with the specs you want from USAG or Warmoth.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Vintage Hot Rod '62 for under $2k, Music Zoo's NoNeck Fender Strats or Fender Custom Shop '56 for over $2K.

scottlr

I have 2 MIJ 62 RIs that have baseball bat necks. There's a guy on eBay that sells Fender parts that always has a few necks.

padavis

My Pop's 96 Strat Plus has an unusually large and round neck. Probably the nicest and biggest one I have felt on a Strat that wasnt custom.

HHB

get an Allparts FAT replacement neck, licenced by Fender and wonderfully big

RJM/rydog2223

I have a 91' strat plus with a big neck on it. I think it's a 10 or maybe even 12in radius?? I also have a 56' CS with a 9.5 radius and the neck is pretty chunky. Either of the two you can get used at a decent price. Good luck!

jpage

The "thin skin" nitro Fender Strats (American Vintage or something) have a street price of around $1600 and seem to be great guitars. I need a strat and am thinking of picking one of these up--I played one locally and really thought the neck was comfortable (my hands are huge). I might on the other hand do a Warmoth partsocaster--the boat profile is huge and the SRV is nicely chunky.

Yea--we in the big hands group have alot fewer choices in lower priced guitars.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
The earlier Jeff Beck sig models were supposedly baseball bats.
10-4 on that. Huge.

The Warmoth boat carve is big and round too.

I have the SRV carve on my Warmoth neck; rather larger and round but slightly asymmetrical. really fits my hand nicely. Love it!

Guitartim

+1 on the SRV Strat neck profile and great sounding Texas Specials.

New or used they are under your price range.

shuie

Find a used Jeff Senn guitar. Huge freaking neck and just a fabulous instrument.

XKnight

Another SRV recomendation here. Nice chunky rounded neck for a Strat and under $1500 new.

Mr. Crow

I looking for fat AND wide. Many of the fat necks, like the Hot Rod, R. Cray, and the Thin Skin series have fat necks but a 1.65 nut width. My fingers get bunched up on this width, I'm looking for something wider.

I find the American Series has a nicer width, but not enough fatness/depth.
Can anyone suggest a neck with both attributes that I'm seeking?

Trending Topics