• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What Style Of Music Do You Play On A Telecaster?

griggsterr

I'm a pretty die hard Tele guy. After I saw that Tom Morello played an inexpensive tele on Killing in the name of.
I'm convinced you can do anything you want on one.
Country, Jazz, pop, Hard rock and of course blues.
I play Blues, Country, rock and some jazz regularly on mine. Love them

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
Jazz, rock, country and whatever else crosses my mind while I’m playing. My Tele happens to be the one guitar that hangs on the wall in my music room so when I have a few extra minutes before I go to work I will pick it up and run through whatever tune I am working on. This past week it was a rendition of a Schumann piece (Night Music) I transcribed. So I play Classical pieces on my Tele too.

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
Sure, like Slayer.
Cool. I always thought it was odd that Tom Araya was a practicing Christian while writing all of those evil themed Slayer songs. No doubt that the Tele can fit in any situation. I recall that the lead singer for SOAD would play a Tele style guitar sometimes when he needed to play as well as sing.

This is the same for all my guitars, but anything from clean jangle pop/rock to post rock to punk/hardcore or even noise metal. I am actually finding Teles have a really cool and vicious voice at high gain for metal; it's not your traditional EMGs/Fishman Fluence into a Boogie/Peavey and it's noisy and feedback-y but that unhinged, out of control nature sounds more dangerous to me. Less clinical than the modern metal 'djent' guitar tone. Listen to Whores, Unsane or Refused's 'Songs to Fan The Flames of Discontent' to hear Tele bridge pickups absolutely tearing faces.

Last edited:

Trending Topics