• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What switches are you using instead of mini-toggles?

straightblues

I have a guitar that I need to put a phase switch into. I don't want to use a push pull pot, so I am thinking about a mini switch. However, I really don't like the mini toggels. I seem to hit them and break them and hurt my hand in the process. I am thinking something like a little push button or a rocker switch. But they need to be small. What are you guys using and where can I buy it at?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
what kind of guitar?

my two gibsons have phase switches; i use single volumes on my guitars, so my 4-knob LP has a two-way rotary in place of the extra volume knob, while my V (3 knobs) has a push-push bridge tone knob.

i like that they both look stock, with no extra holes.

straightblues

what kind of guitar?
It is a Les Paul type guitar with a flat top. It is a special guitar and trust me I don't really want to drill holes in it. But I also want to maintain the tone of the regular high end pot I have in it. So I am looking for something small and discrete.

Chris Scott

Been using the push/push pots - one in the middle pickup tone location on the Strats to turn on the neck pickup has been the most popular 'round here.

Radio Shack's always got a pretty good selection of low-amp switches in different styles if you want to get creative...

walterw

It is a Les Paul type guitar with a flat top. It is a special guitar and trust me I don't really want to drill holes in it. But I also want to maintain the tone of the regular high end pot I have in it. So I am looking for something small and discrete.
"pot" or "pots"?

you could always use a less-used pot for the push-pull, like a tone knob instead of a volume.

as for the "tone" of the pot, if the replacement is the same resistance, the "tone" will be the same.

walterw

More info will net you more ideas; how many knobs on the guitar, and what's so special about the pots in there now?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom