• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What the heck is this 1955/56 les paul?

Seafoam Green

"can you play 50z les pauls guitarz? can you lean back and whale on led zep. do you understand the majaic of Honduran wood.
ive done it with this lp. no worries. think i will just keep it another decade or forever. thanks anyway~~~ no bodys fault but mine..."

Someone has bogarted a few too many joints in his lifetime, methinks....

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
What is with that maple patch behind the bridge? What a strange shape for such a thing. Plus the binding on the back (ad says it surrounds an additional 1/4" mahogany laminate on the back) is bizarre. Looks like it has a ES175 fingerboard, but where is the binding?

All that being said, it might be a killer player. Too much dough for such a gamble methinks.

theruley

My guess is someone with skills made it to their liking before it became insanely collectable. I think it's pretty cool.

Flogger59

What is with that maple patch behind the bridge? What a strange shape for such a thing. Plus the binding on the back (ad says it surrounds an additional 1/4" mahogany laminate on the back) is bizarre. Looks like it has a ES175 fingerboard, but where is the binding?

All that being said, it might be a killer player. Too much dough for such a gamble methinks.
It had an inset Bigsby.

Hobbio

For me, it it'd have to be a lot less money and I'd refit the Bigsby to get rid of that ugly patch. I quite like the fretboard though.

eBayfreak

I'd refinish it as a gold top again; it'd be better than the mess that you can see. I kinda like the split parallelograms, but it's hard to tell how exactly they got there. Neck replacement? Fretboard swap? No serial number...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom