What the heck...vids of me playing

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Myron Stratis
Great clips! What were you using gear-wise?
First clip I was plugged into Scott's 50 watt Plexi and using my #1 frankenstrat...MIM standard body, Callaham trem block, Buddy Guy neck, graphite nut, texas specials (those have to go at some point, lol)...second & third clip I was plugged into Scott's 50 watt O'Brien 4x10 combo and that kid Cody was plugged into the Marshall with a stock American Deluxe strat...Scott's #1 (which he was playing) is a sunburst custom shop strat that Fender made for him when he was with Buddy Guy with Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot's in the neck and middle and an Antiquity Custom Bridge...

Thanks for looking :)

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by HeeHaw
I thought it was cool. I dig the tone too.:dude

Thanks man...intimidating for a hack like me to put any clips or vids up here with so many monster players on the board :) Still wrapping my head around getting out of the "boxes"...hard after being a creature of habit for so long.

3Sides

I thought you were out of the "box" enough. In fact I thought that whole first clip sounded very good. If your a hack, then I'm selling my guitars right now. :dude

scottl

Originally posted by SouthernShred
Here are a couple of vids with me jamming with Scott Holt (of Buddy Guy fame) about a month or so ago in Birmingham...first cuts in with me & Scott doing one of his originals...second and third are from a jam at the end with Scott and an 18 year old kid named Cody Ferris who is just a smoking player.

http://www.shannondew.com/tick.wmv
http://www.shannondew.com/long1.wmv
http://www.shannondew.com/long2.wmv
The Obrien sounded nice Shannon... I really dug clip 3 where you and Cody trade licks! Fun time!

Scott

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Scott. That kid has only been playing for about 3 years but he's got very nice taste in what he plays...He's going to be a monster. I, on the other hand, need to practice lol

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by SouthernShred
Wow I suck
Don't think so.

Not 100% clear who is who.

Regardless, 1st clip (you right?) is very well done. Good use of space, and thematic idea going into nice solo development and dynamics. Way to step it up. Wish I could hear better over the drummer, but I know these things go.

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by lhallam
Don't think so.

Not 100% clear who is who.

Regardless, 1st clip (you right?) is very well done. Good use of space, and thematic idea going into nice solo development and dynamics. Way to step it up. Wish I could hear better over the drummer, but I know these things go.
First clip, I'm the dude in the shadows on the right...when the clip comes in, I'm playing the lead part.

Second and third clip, I'm the guy on the far left in the shadows, lol.

3Sides

Originally posted by scottl
The Obrien sounded nice Shannon... I really dug clip 3 where you and Cody trade licks! Fun time!

Scott
OK I'confused here. Is SouthernShred the guy singing AND playing guitar?

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by 3Sides
OK I'confused here. Is SouthernShred the guy singing AND playing guitar?
Noooooo...me singing would not be able to be captured on video...equipment would fail, women would scream, small animals would die...

philster

Nice going Shannon. I particularly like some of the licks in the 3rd clip. I also really dig the tone on that one; big and fat with enough bite. Schweet!

SouthernShred

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by philster
Nice going Shannon. I particularly like some of the licks in the 3rd clip. I also really dig the tone on that one; big and fat with enough bite. Schweet!
Thanks Phil! I have a good time playing with Scott...one of other tunes we did didn't turn out so good on the video, but he's a really down to earth guy and a monster player.

That last clip is using the exact same amp I use at home & gigging.