• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What to buy? KoT or MLJr?

porticoguitar1

Silver Supporting Member
If you already had a Strymon El Cap and you were "doing ok" with amp overdrive, would you buy a KoT v4 or Diamond MLJr v2? Is the second delay redundant?

Last edited:

smitty.west

IMO, the El Cap- my fav delay- and MLJr. can be quite redundant so I'd definitely go with the KoT were I in your shoes (which I kind of am).
God do I love these threads.

dachshund

KOT.

In 30 years it'll be a lot easier for you to find the ML2 you never bought than vice versa lol

Bshecko

The King of Tone is a dual drive pedal that can be set for boost, overdrive, or distortion either side. It can create different gain stages with one pedal in conjunction with the amp drive you're "doing ok" with. You have delay. You don't have a drive pedal. King of Tone all the way in this case. Man, the pedal really is something special.

slap_back05

King of Tone. The MLJr is really good, but ultimately a analog voiced digital delay, which can be copped in lots of ways.

witafro2

I've had both, loved both. The ML Jr is the pedal out of those two that cause me to pull out my guitar and play more and more and create (simply because I use delay a lot).
If you want a pedal you can tweak a bunch, KOT is the way to go. However if you want an insanely great sounded delay that sits SO well in the mix, then ML JR. is the way to go. Both are great options.
Best of luck!

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Tough choice cuz it's OD vs delay...

I personally would want the 2 different flavors of delay since the El Cap & ML Jr. are so different.

Trending Topics