What to do when you can't decide which Chase Bliss to buy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 31, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Buy all 3 of course!!

[​IMG]

This should make for a fun week!!

Mosley, Agileguy_101, scolfax and 6 others like this.
  2. BallaBalla

BallaBalla Member

Yes, it's simple as that. Now I want to see a picture of your pedalboard. Does it still fit into rehearsal room? :D

3. Smashies

Smashies Supporting Member

4. FuzzFaceJ

FuzzFaceJ Member

If Billy Dee Williams likes it, then it must be a good move.

I'm not much of a modulation guy, but I dig all the Chase Bliss stuff I've used, and I've used them all.

5. td2243

td2243 Member

Joel makes AMAZING stuff. When he makes a reverb pedal, I'll be first in line.

jw112 and Eldritch Tentacles like this.
  6. earwax

earwax Member

How much difference do you find between all of those pedals?

7. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

I would wait and save the money to get a pedal that I really want. Unless I can get them for a good price to re sell them for a profit.

8. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I've got all three too. There's a pretty good bit of separation. The wombtone definitely sounds like a phaser and can even do some univibe stuff as a result. The warped vinyl is just warm/lush chorus and capable of Leslie style tones and lo-fi gristly vibrato. I think the WV is the most versatile of the three.

The gravitas is badass. Haven't scratched the surface yet, but it sounds not really anything like the WT or WV because it's a trem. The harmonic trem setting is very addictive.

I sold my digital modulation effects and got these bc I wanted to go back to analog. I'm very happy I did as the Chase Bliss stuff combines those two worlds. If your thinking about trying one out I would start w the WV. My 2 cents.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Give me another week. Going to redo them once i get a few remaining pedals in.

i CANNOT wait for that and a delay from him.

PJ's response says it way better than i could with my limited time with them so far.

All this is very good to hear. I'm working on learning one pedal at a time and i started with the Gravitas and it is incredible. I love this thing. Reverse harmonic tremolo!? Get outta here! :D

I really love that you can save 2 presets per pedal. This makes me want to get a midi switcher/looper even more now though...

10. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

If he's going to endeavor into DSP... Yeah, I'd like to see it be a reverb too! I'd get one for sure just based on reputation!!!

My guess though is that he'll most likely stay with his "digital brain, analog heart" philosophy. So, a drive pedal, compressor pedal, delay pedal, filter pedal, etc will probably be seen before a reverb.

Doubtless, no mattter what he comes out with next, it'll be innovative and quality.

11. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

You are seriously crazy, Ruiner.
    Nuts.

No idea how you make so much time to really play all these pedals you get! Nice buys though, the WV is fantastic :aok

I've finally got a better understanding of the pedal and a few of the dipswitches. The possibilities are endless. I'm getting a Wombtone MKI in soon that I got for a great deal. That should be nice too.

And a delay from ChaseBliss would surely be amazing.. but what I want is a flanger.

12. la noise

la noise Supporting Member

You really need to slow down and do
    something sensible like blow more
    coin on hookers and coke, Ruiner. ;)

Congrats!! :aok

AXXA likes this.
  13. earwax

earwax Member

You make a good case. I had the version 1 WV. I will probably get a version 2 at some point if the Canadian dollar ever goes back up.

14. BallaBalla

BallaBalla Member

crestarun is right, of course. But I still want to see ruiners pedalboard:cool: I don't want to hear pedalboards, I just want to hear music. And for that I'm listening to my records, jam with friends and go to a lot of shows. I stopped looking on pedalboards on stages years ago, because all those sounds most guitarists are producing aren't a secret to me anymore (at 17 I couldn't tell a chorus from a delay pedal, just knew big muff and marshall...), so I can listen and enjoy whats happening.
    But this forum is called GEARpage. There are some really cool threads where members show their musical creations and I'm fine with that. But that's not what I'm here for. And if someone needs advice, help or technical infos, guys like ruiner are there to help. Showing off is just fun.

15. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

i start threads about it :dunno

16. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Looks like the original post was deleted for whatever reason but i'd still like to address it.

First off, lets discuss the title: "What to do when you can't decide which Chase Bliss to buy?"
    I assume the majority of people that opened this are either interested in Chase Bliss pedals or have a similar circumstance of not knowing which one to buy since there are a lot of similarities between them. No, the answer is not in the OP. It's a tongue in cheek response using humor. If the humor is lost on you, sorry. Perhaps i should have labeled the thread "NPD" so you wouldn't have wasted the click. Maybe NPD threads aren't your thing... at least if there is not more information presented in the OP. The majority of threads i read around here, the information I'm looking for (or maybe not looking for but knowledge i gain) is presented in the responses. The purpose of any thread is to spark conversation on the topic. In this case it's broad, 3 pedals. It opens the doorway to ask questions, for users to share information, for comparisons to be made, etc etc. I apologize if the OP was not fruitful enough to warrant your bandwith allocation. I can even understand people not liking NPD threads. Me? I love 'em. Not just mine.. anyone's. There is a joy for those of us addicted to pedals when a purchase is made. I'm sure i'm not alone when I say I don't have the opportunity to share that joy with many in my life. I don't have a ton of guitar playing friends to go and talk about this stuff in person or the time to do so. Your girlfriend / wife, they can share in the excitement but the most you're going to get out of them (unless they are a musician themselves) is "oooo, that sounds pretty" or "the color on that one is cool!". Forums provide a great way to share that excitement with like minded folks (some of us) and it sparks conversation. That's the beauty of it. Already questions have been asked in this thread. Already people have responded with fantastic information about the differences of these pedals. Things I wouldn't have been able to say being a new user of these particular pedals but provide insight to me as well as the person who asked the question. I absolutely love going into NPD threads and commenting. Even if it's just to say congratulations because I know what joy a new pedal can bring and i love sharing in their excitement.

In this particular case, my OP was a bit more scarce than usual due to time constraints but i can assure you, i follow up with more info every time. Look up any of my NPD threads. Yes, usually it's a picture and a small amount of information. This alone is great because i get responses like "i've never seen that, just watched the demo (which i post a lot if it's a more unknown pedal than these) and now i want one!".... or people chime in with their settings, experiences, pros/cons, etc. If the topic isn't brought up then this information would have nowhere to go. But as i was saying... look up any of my NPD threads and you'll see there is always follow up with mini reviews and most of the time even clips. I can't imagine being more helpful than that. Sure you have to wait but that's why you can subscribe to a thread or "watch thread". I do that all the time on subjects i'm interested in. Sometimes the OP is just an appetizer and you have to stick around for the main course.

17. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I don't. :cry: I suppose i should slow down and learn them in and out but it's just too much fun. I enjoy pedals too much and they completely fascinate me. I love having the ability to A/B as many as possible and hear the differences myself rather than looking to the internet (though that is great for guiding). The cool thing is i just pick a pedal whenever i'm having a pedal day and not a practice day. I'll just sit with that pedal and learn it, pair it with others etc. I need many many more hours to thoroughly do that with what i own but that just means there's always something new waiting for me in the other room!

I will present these doctor's orders to my girlfriend and get started immediately. :banana

18. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Nice! Those three pedals cost more than my car.

19. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

then you should start your new gear threads like this... of course, a picture alone should help to start questions... but in the end ou just show your new toys without any intressting context aside the point someone is in the position to spend a lot of money... - just sayin... nothing wrong with new gear...

20. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

Do whatever makes you happy! There's no right or wrong in music/gear. Ignore what those people above said... Just enjoy it :aok

With the amount of pedals you've collected, you'd probably need a few years to go learn the ins/outs of each one... Heck, I've only got about 12 pedals, some I've had for years, and I'm still learning them... it's a never-ending journey!