what to do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by christhered, Jan 24, 2012.

1. christhered

christhered Member

ok, so since i'm starting to gig again, i'm looking for a loaded speaker cab add on to or replace my stock 1x12 that came with my rebel 20 half stack. i'm in at a budget of 400 shipped, what's my best options? do i just get another matching rebel cab or other 1x12, or do i get a 2x12. i'll be running them vertical since i need to get sound closer to my ears to hear myself onstage. its getting annoying when i have to stand so close to my amp due to stage size in the bars out here.

2. christhered

christhered Member

help? whats the best sounding 2x12 out of egnater, whitebox classic, avatar, lopo line?

3. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I had a 2 x 12 custom made with the speakers laid out diagonally and the top angled like a Marshall A cabinet. They matched the tolex and design so it looks exactly like something Egnater would have made.

It cost $400 loaded with my choice of WGS speakers.
    http://sourmashguitarcabs.com/

Since you already have one cabinet though, just adding a second is probably easiest and cheapest.

4. French Fry

French Fry Member

I run an Avatar 2x12 traditional cab vertical.

If I recall, the Avatar vintage 2x12 has the speakers tilted slightly up, which helps direct your sound a bit.

I also really like my lopo 1x12 widebody cab. I end up leaving it at my rehearsal space, and gig with 2x12, but a widebody 1x12 might be a good option for you since you could just stack your egnater stuff right on top.

5. christhered

christhered Member

talking to sour mash, any other suggestions? i'm looking for a little more pronounced bass than my 1x12 provides.

6. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

I run a Lopo with WGS speakers. It works.

[​IMG]